What's new

Splatter soap as presoak?

JustClean

Reaction score
When I switch over from Presoak to HP there is a nice little moment when the soap comes out thick and firm before the HP water starts. It looks like kinda splatter wax coming out of the normal gun. I don't have room for an extra splatter gun but would love to do something to make that "special moment" as my presoak permanent. Any ideas how that could be achieved?
I fear it's not possible without the right tip but maybe someone has a great idea?
Thanks in advance.

washnshine

Reaction score
If you don’t have room for another splatter gun, maybe you could switch it to a medium pressure function(assuming it is low pressure now) and add a some air and maybe a foaming agent to the chemical. I know what to you mean - there is a few seconds before the pressure gets up to full and the presoak in the line is purged. That is why I think a medium pressure with additional air and foam might get you that on a regular basis.

Only thing is medium pressure will use a lot more chemical to keep it at the concentration you have on low pressure. But I’m not sure if you can get that splatter look worth just low pressure and additional air and foaming agents.

Last edited:

JustClean

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I thought. Do you know if there is something ready made on the market I could buy?
....hmm...on second thought maybe just a foaming agent could work?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been working on this for about two years now. The problem I can't solve is how to get strong soap at 500 PSI to the gun and inject air. That's how snow foam guns work.

MEP001

Reaction score
You won't get a snow foam type spray because you need air mixed in before it's sprayed. The foaming agent will just make milky looking liquid.

washnshine

Reaction score
Sticking with your regular low pressure setup and upping the air to the foam additive is really the only way you can keep the presoak concentration at an effective level and get more of a splatter effect. And yes - you have to add air to the foam additive to get foam. Air is always necessary to get any product to foam. The trade off if you up the water pressure is diluted presoak.

Last edited: