What's new

Splash n dash or regular self serve set up?

Ls brothers

Reaction score
I just removed the auto and want to convert to self serve bay. Now have two options.
1. Anyone had splash n dash? How is that working and maintenance?
2. If just set up regular self serve, which brand single pump stand is good?

thanks for any advice !

mac

Reaction score
I simply don't like that configuration as it takes up way to much space. Plus it's a pain in the butt to move. Good luck.

MEP001

Reaction score
There used to be a bunch of Splash and Dash units around here. They're all gone.

Best pumps are Cat or Arimitsu.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's a pump stand. It stands just fine and pumps just fine. I'd buy a used pump stand before I bought anything like that from Kleen-Rite.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I mean the single bay pump stand.do you know about this kleen -rite singe bay pump stand?thanks!
I have 2 of those brand new I can make you deal on. Previous owner purchase 2 2-bay stands for a total of 4 motors and pumps. He never installed them. I rehabbed a coleman unit just to standardize all my washes

Attachments

slash007

Reaction score
I have 2 of those brand new I can make you deal on. Previous owner purchase 2 2-bay stands for a total of 4 motors and pumps. He never installed them. I rehabbed a coleman unit just to standardize all my washes
I'm buying another wash that has an old Ginsan pump stand. Really considering buying and rehabbing an old JC stand to standardize as well. I know the JC equipment in and out. What did you replace?

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Oh the unit I replaced was probably from the original construction back in 70's! Each motor and pump were their own stand 3 on one side tanks in the middle and 3 on the other...it was rough

Attachments

slash007

Reaction score
Oh the unit I replaced was probably from the original construction back in 70's! Each motor and pump were their own stand 3 on one side tanks in the middle and 3 on the other...it was rough
I had that exact same setup, but all 6 on one side! That's the wash I changed over to JC. Gave me so much more room and was able to add spot free and triple foam.

MEP001

Reaction score
I look after a wash with the same pumps and tank. It's certainly no fun to work on anything, but it's solid. It originally had 6-position switches with pushbuttons to start and stop the pump.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I had that exact same setup, but all 6 on one side! That's the wash I changed over to JC. Gave me so much more room and was able to add spot free and triple foam.

Yeah Slash at this location where I installed the JC pump stand the tri foam alone made it worth it. I think its the highest used function even over cold water rinse! Customers just bathe their car in it in no particular order. I closed on a wash on the other side of the hwy that I am trying to get going and doing the same thing there, adding a JC stand with tri foam and more of the modern day functions.

I look after a wash with the same pumps and tank. It's certainly no fun to work on anything, but it's solid. It originally had 6-position switches with pushbuttons to start and stop the pump.
oh I agree it was a solid stand. You cant tell in those pictures because my guys and I already scraped up about 8 to 10 inches of mud off of that equipment room that the stand was sitting in. Even with those conditions the stand was in pretty good shape, no major rust, I even thought of rehabbing it because I was worried about closing the wash for an extended amount of time for a remodel.

SplashDash

Reaction score
Yeah Slash at this location where I installed the JC pump stand the tri foam alone made it worth it. I think its the highest used function even over cold water rinse! Customers just bathe their car in it in no particular order. I closed on a wash on the other side of the hwy that I am trying to get going and doing the same thing there, adding a JC stand with tri foam and more of the modern day functions.

oh I agree it was a solid stand. You cant tell in those pictures because my guys and I already scraped up about 8 to 10 inches of mud off of that equipment room that the stand was sitting in. Even with those conditions the stand was in pretty good shape, no major rust, I even thought of rehabbing it because I was worried about closing the wash for an extended amount of time for a remodel.
What’s a JC unit?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score

Rfreeman, is the giant tank in the middle a holding tank for rinse water? Is that set up 'gravity feed'...doesn't look to be much gravity involved?

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Rfreeman, is the giant tank in the middle a holding tank for rinse water? Is that set up 'gravity feed'...doesn't look to be much gravity involved?

It is for rinse water soap and wax. Yes it is gravity fed I know what you mean about questioning it but as long as your water level is above where it's going gravity will make it flow.