What's new

Speed controler on laser 4000

Wally

Reaction score
A couple of days ago I was having a problem with the speed controller on my laser 4000. It is about 12 years old and has never been changed. The error on the sceen on the controller was E.FAn. I called my local technician and he came and replaced it. The one that I took out was made by mitsibushi. I came to find out the fan was located on the back of the unit. It was covered with dust.Two screws and three wires with 24v printed on the fan. I was wondering if anyone has ever replaced one of these and where could I get one, It is only about 2 1/2 inches square. My tech said they never change the fan and they always replace the unit.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
I'd say 12 years is a major victory. Replace the fan, clean it up & stock it. Now you have a spare.

lag

Reaction score
Try Radio Shack ,or Grainger. I have replaced fans on the LW controllers ,and J0 before,but can not recall if I have ever had to replace one on a VFD.

Wally

Reaction score
Lag, I also replaced one in the JO cabinet recently. I had purchased it a few years ago anticipating having to replace it someday as it constantly runs. The receipt was in the box where I had gotten it from Gringer. Around $10. The one in the speed controller is smaller and is a three wire connection 24v. It may not be as easy to come by.

lag

Reaction score
The one in the speed controller is smaller and is a three wire connection 24v. It may not be as easy to come by.
You may be right.. could be OEM.. but if you have a grainger near by ,they may be able to cross referance it.. Good luck..

BTW I may have a used mitsibushi VFD laying around ,if you can not find the part.. Just PM me if you cant