What's new

Spare DRB Computer

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Another thread mentioned the 5-7 year life expectancies of computeers in a good environment.

I have the older non windows DRB system The type they no longer support. Do you think a computer Geek could duplicate the hardware so when the existing unit fails I will have a spare ready to go?

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Earl,
The biggest problem would be finding a motherboard with all the slots you need. If someone had access to some older style motherboards, you would be ok. I think you can still buy some of the DRB specific components. Good luck.

mmurra

Reaction score
Earl-I am in the same boat; older DRB with no intention of paying the long buck for the upgrade, volume what it is. It is probably time to look around for something less expensive to support, geared to small operations that do not need a lot of support or a huge annual support invoice.

DAVough

Reaction score
DRB Systems Hardware Support

Earl,

Although DRB Systems does not regularly post to the Auto Care forum, I wanted to take a minute to respond to your question on DRB Systems DOS based software and hardware products.

For CarWatch, our DOS based Point-of-Sale product, we want to continue to meet the needs of our valued customers. For those customers who are not yet ready to upgrade to SiteWatch, we are committed to offering CarWatch support – hardware and software – as long as it is practical. Again, heading into 2009, we project that will be at least for the next two years. For additional information regarding CarWatch support please go to the following link http://www.drbsystems.com/public/carwash/carwatch/support.cfm.

For our TunnelWatch Remote Relay Station (RRS) customers who are not yet ready to upgrade to a TunnelWatch Tunnel Control Station (TCS), we are committed to offering Remote Relay Station support – hardware and software – as long as it is practical. Again, we project that will be at least for the next five years.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,
Dane Vough
Director Customer Support and Service
DRB Systems, inc.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Dane,
Thanks for clearing that up for everyone. It looks like Earl has time to build his spare CPU.