What's new

Southern freeze coming

Wash Grunt

Reaction score
Up here in Michigan we have about a foot of snow and the last four days sub zero temps with windchills down to -20, We are running the Gisan Weepmizer and it is holding up with no freezing problems, Unfortunately our drain pits are frozen. We have been shut down because ice melt will not work in these temps, and wet cars would make the lot a skating rink. However we are struggling to keep people out. I put caution tape and cones in front of the bays and they tear it down and drive over the cones. Watching on cameras a people spray their cars and it immediately turns to ice. Last week they were washing during a blizzard. Tonight I removed all the spray guns. People are total dumbasses. Warmer weather coming next week.

Reactions: sjb

traveler17

Reaction score
Up here in Michigan we have about a foot of snow and the last four days sub zero temps with windchills down to -20, We are running the Gisan Weepmizer and it is holding up with no freezing problems, Unfortunately our drain pits are frozen. We have been shut down because ice melt will not work in these temps, and wet cars would make the lot a skating rink. However we are struggling to keep people out. I put caution tape and cones in front of the bays and they tear it down and drive over the cones. Watching on cameras a people spray their cars and it immediately turns to ice. Last week they were washing during a blizzard. Tonight I removed all the spray guns. People are total dumbasses. Warmer weather coming next week.
“People are total dumbasses”. Understatement of the year 😬

traveler17

Reaction score
The cars here are literally white with salt.
Ohio has a great budget for road salt and they spend every dime of it!
That is great 👍🏼. I bet you guys out west pray for longer winters the way we pray for no rain during pollen season. This is probably a dumb question but When you are open in the REALLY cold temps doesn’t the water sheet the cars in the self serve bays?

ShinePro

Reaction score
That is great 👍🏼. I bet you guys out west pray for longer winters the way we pray for no rain during pollen season. This is probably a dumb question but When you are open in the REALLY cold temps doesn’t the water sheet the cars in the self serve bays?
Warm water solves a lot of issues
But I close down when temps hit 15 or lower. Today we got to 25 and I can keep ice from building up. But below 15 I quit!
I was closed Sun, monday, tuesday.
Opened at noon today.
And no- I never pray for longer winters!
I am always looking at washes for sale in Naples, Fl

traveler17

Reaction score
Warm water solves a lot of issues
But I close down when temps hit 15 or lower. Today we got to 25 and I can keep ice from building up. But below 15 I quit!
I was closed Sun, monday, tuesday.
Opened at noon today.
And no- I never pray for longer winters!
I am always looking at washes for sale in Naples, Fl
Yeah that’s true. I couldn’t live out west. Born and raised in Orlando, this is as far North as I’d go!! North Carolina that is :)

Last edited:

HeyVern

Reaction score
Yes, they drive off with a sheet of frozen SFR covering their trucks

Etowah