What's new

SOS please help

K.Bordelon

Reaction score
So i have these spots that keep appearing on my truck. I have 2 other vehicles that are parked in the same location and get washed at the same car was with the same soaps and the other 2 vehicles don't get these spots. They aren't just water spots and I have ruled out tire shine or anything flinging off my tires in general. the spots seem to show up after it rains but the truck doesnt move so its not anything that gets thrown up on the truck from the tires. They dont come off when i take the truck through the car wash but they wipe off after spraying with quick detail and a little effort with a microfiber. I have no idea what the spots are from or how to prevent them. so any information or suggestions would be much appreciated. I have attached a picture for reference.

0.jpg

washnshine

Reaction score
So i have these spots that keep appearing on my truck. I have 2 other vehicles that are parked in the same location and get washed at the same car was with the same soaps and the other 2 vehicles don't get these spots. They aren't just water spots and I have ruled out tire shine or anything flinging off my tires in general. the spots seem to show up after it rains but the truck doesnt move so its not anything that gets thrown up on the truck from the tires. They dont come off when i take the truck through the car wash but they wipe off after spraying with quick detail and a little effort with a microfiber. I have no idea what the spots are from or how to prevent them. so any information or suggestions would be much appreciated. I have attached a picture for reference.

View attachment 8549
Sounds like it is not an issue with the car wash if your other cars are not getting it. Maybe bring it to a professional detailer to see if they can diagnose. Very hard to say with the picture you provided.

K.Bordelon

Reaction score
I would guess hard water spots from a sprinkler.
no sprinklers around where i park. also i have 2 other vehicles parked roughly the same place and the spots don't show up on either of them at all.

MEP001

Reaction score
You're asking for the impossible.
I have no idea what the spots are from or how to prevent them.
You've offered literally no helpful information except that there are spots. Go to the car wash that you used and ask them for help.

Etowah

K.Bordelon

Reaction score
You're asking for the impossible.

You've offered literally no helpful information except that there are spots. Go to the car wash that you used and ask them for help.
it’s not from the car wash. But thank you for your input. If i had info on what the spots are or what is causing them I’d obviously have the answers i need and wouldn’t have posted this on a car wash/detail forum asking for help or advice on what it might be other than what i have already ruled out.

MEP001

Reaction score
Except this forum is for professional car wash owners/operators and detailers to help solve each others' problems or share industry information and ideas. There are plenty of DIY sources for you to ask questions, but I assure you no one will be able to figure it out from a thumbnail photo of spots and your description.
I have 2 other vehicles that are parked in the same location and get washed at the same car was with the same soaps and the other 2 vehicles don't get these spots.
This is why I mentioned checking with the car wash.

K.Bordelon

Reaction score
Except this forum is for professional car wash owners/operators and detailers to help solve each others' problems or share industry information and ideas. There are plenty of DIY sources for you to ask questions, but I assure you no one will be able to figure it out from a thumbnail photo of spots and your description.

This is why I mentioned checking with the car wash.
Its not from the car wash… i own 2 other vehicles that go to the same car wash and don’t get spots. My father in law has 3 vehicles that go through the same wash and they don’t get spots either. I’ve ruled out the car wash, water spots and everything i can think of and found on google. So here i am asking “experts” for help. If you aren’t going to offer any other opinions or help there are plenty of other discussions you can be apart of besides this one. Thank you.

soapy

Reaction score
Quick detailer might hide the spots for a while. Try taking some white vinegar and apply to a cloth and gently rub on the spots. The acid in the vinegar should remove the spots then rinse with water.

New Washdog

Reaction score
Its not from the car wash… i own 2 other vehicles that go to the same car wash and don’t get spots. My father in law has 3 vehicles that go through the same wash and they don’t get spots either. I’ve ruled out the car wash, water spots and everything i can think of and found on google. So here i am asking “experts” for help. If you aren’t going to offer any other opinions or help there are plenty of other discussions you can be apart of besides this one. Thank you.
I believe Mep001 is trying to help you and giving you the best possible information based on what you have been able to provide.

I also believe what he is saying is the operators of the car wash you use will have insight on what the issue may be even if its not a car wash related issue. BUT the car wash operators will need to see the issue in person and ask a few questions in order to be any help!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
spots on a vehicle can be caused by an almost unlimited amount of possibilities. why not take it to a local detailer or even body shop?

we don't know enough from your pics or description to be able to offer a solution other than 'try this or that' .

jrod

Reaction score
I’ve seen spots like that on vehicles. Definitely would trying spraying vinegar and lightly rubbing it out just in case it is hard water spots.

I had one guy come out looking like that (was already there before going to our wash) and I figured it was hard water spots so immediately took vinegar to it. Didn’t work. Took a closer look at his chrome, it also tarnish spotting on it. He said was from Georgia so only thing I could think was pollen or sap from a tree, possibly the salt water? I really don’t know but I’ve always wonder what that was

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
You're right in that those spots are not from a car wash. Those are hard water spots that have etched your clear coat. Only way to remove them is to polish them off. Take your car to a detailer, and be careful where you park in the future.

jrod

Reaction score
Vinegar is acidic and breaks down the calcium in hard water spots, so it does work depending on how bad the the damage is and how strong your vinegar is mixed up. I mix ours at 50% and see good results. Only one time have I had it not work. Definitely gonna give that 3d product a try on a car that the vinegar doesn’t seem to work on. Polishing would be the next step.

soapy

Reaction score
On severe water spots I take some muratic acid diluted with 2 to 3 parts of water. take a towel and get it wet and dampen a small area. Let it sit for about 1 minutes not letting it dry. Then gently rub the area with the towel and then follow with a good flush of water. I get low fume muratic acid at home depot for under $10 per gallon. I always tell people to start with the least aggressive method when doing any detail correction. Vinegar will remove the mild water spots and Muratic acid will remove any water spot I have ever come across.