What's new

Sorting Quarters from Tokens from Dollar Coins

BillClinton

Reaction score
I spend a good bit of time sorting out the tokens, dollar coins, and quarters before I roll the quarters. I'd love to have a machine that sorted them for me. Kleenright has a Klopp machine with a hand crank that sorts the coins, but it costs $900. As much as I hate sorting them, I only have to do it once a week, so I don't want to spend that much money on a sorter. Does anyone have a good used sorter that they would sell me for cheap? Or are there any alternative machines that you can recommend?
Thanks,

Gabriel

Reaction score
Banks often sell their old sorters. Might check around.

Randy

Reaction score
Come on you?ve got to be kidding me, you think $900 is too much to spend for a coin sorter!! It?s a business expense, buy it and write it off!! You want a Scan Coin 303 coin sorter separator. You might find a deal on EBay.

MEP001

Reaction score
Most counter/sorters will only "off-sort" smaller coins, so you would need to run them through three times, once for dollar coins, once for tokens and again for quarters, unless your tokens are smaller than a quarter.

We use a CS-95A which you can get from Rite Count for $425. It's very fast and has been trouble-free for five years.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I need to make it more of a priority. We hand sort them now and that is definitely a pain.

soapy

Reaction score
I had some trays made with several holes drilled in the bottom and had the holes sized for quarters. I just shake it and the quarters fall through leaving behind the tokens. I get very few dollar coins so I can easily pull them out of the left over tokens. If you got a lot of dollar coins you could make a tray to sort the tokens from the dollars.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Sorter

With all the retailers going under, there are undoubtably some sorters to be picked up.

I bought a Brandt from CompUsa for $600 at their store-closing sale.