What's new

Sonnys Shipping Charges

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I have been a loyal customer of Sonnys for many years. They were my main parts supplier for anything from nozzles to pumps and other miscellaneous items. In the last year I noticed that they started charging outrageous shipping charges. I needed 2 flojet pumps and they wanted to charge me $70 to ship them from Fla to Ohio. An order for a few gun nozzles included a $25 shipping charge. Anyone else have anything to say about this? Are things so bad that they have to charge crazy prices to make up for lost profits from selling wash equipment?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I complained about this also. Seems the on line system estimates charges which may be higher than actual charges.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I thought that might be the case too until I placed a few orders anyways and the charges were accurate.

mac

Reaction score
Put that on the list with having to press #1 to speak English.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never used Sonny's, but I'm curious how they could justify charging $70 for a couple of FloJets. I doubt it would cost more from Kleen-Rite UPS next-day air.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Here is a capture of the same order I was going to place last week. I was wrong about the shipping, they wanted $80!

Car Wash Equipment - Largest Manufacturer Worldwide
CARWASH PRODUCTS
The Tunnel Experts
CARWASH EASY KITS
Learn About Car Washing
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES
We Make Car Washing Easy!
ABOUT US
Why We're #1
My Wish List My Orders
Log Off
Logged on asJon Shaw - Red Carpet Car Wash
SHOP MY ACCOUNT QUICK ORDER

Enter a search term in the search field or click "Advanced Search"
Advanced Search
ITEMS
View Cart
CHECKOUT
MY SHOPPING CART
Shop My Shopping Cart
CONTINUE SHOPPINGApplyClear All Checkout
GENERAL
Your Reference

PRODUCTS(1 entry)
Apply
SORT BY
Item Ascending
Sort By
DISPLAY
Display
ITEM PRODUCT ACTIONS TOTAL PRICE
Flojet G573145 Pump Viton 1/2 PushLock 5
FLOJET G573145 PUMP VITON 1/2 PUSHLOCK 5
Remove

$249.90

Subtotal
$249.90
Country
USA
State or Region
Ohio
Delivery Type
UPS Ground
Estimated Shipping
$80.97
Taxes
$0.00
Total
$330.87
Checkout

Randy

Reaction score
$80.97 is a little excessive on the shipping. Most companies make a lot of money from the shipping and handling. I’ve tried to get a number of companies to ship by US Priority Mail, they all refuse because they can’t add on all of their BS extra charges. We ship everything we can by Priority mail in a Flat rate box. It’s faster and less expensive than UPS or FedEx. Heck you can get a Cat 310 pump into Large Flat rate box and ship it anywhere in the US for $17.45 and it’ll be there in less than 3 days. On Saturday I sent an ACW-4 controller to Rockville Connecticut from Seattle by Priority mail in a Large Flat rate box, it was delivered on Monday Afternoon, cost $17.45. You can get 2 Flojet G57 pumps into a $12.35 Medium Priority Mail Flat rate box and there’s no charge for the boxes. There’s no reason other than greed that these companies charge what they do for shipping.

soapy

Reaction score
I like the priority mail boxes also. I can send stuff in one of them to my son who is in the Navy all the way to SOuth AMerica for the same rate. I wish companies would use it more often on products.

Reaction score
Sonny's Shipping Charges

Hello Jon,
My name is Miguel Prendes and I manage the Customer Service group at Sonny's. First, let me apologize for any confusion our shipping estimates have caused. If there's one thing we've learned over the last few years, during our conversion to SAP software, it's that nothing is easy and change is problems. What I can promise you is that what you are seeing online, as it states, our "estimated shipping" values, and what you get charged are two very different values (to the customers benefit each time). This is something we are working to change, but nothing is easy in this system, so please bear with us.
I spent some time looking at your account and can provide you with two examples (both online orders), which I'm sure you have in your records, that detail what I'm talking about: Orders 5002218 and 5000472. On order 5002218 your "estimated shipping" was $35.41 and your actual charge was $13.16, on order 5000472 your estimated shipping was $34.13 and your actual was $16.05. You will find that when you ship with us, through UPS (our carrier), that our rates are cheaper than published rates. We pass on savings to customers, and even worked with UPS to get 3-day ground shipping across the entire United States at regular ground prices.
We value your business, which is why I wanted to take a moment to explain our situation, which is surely not your fault, but it is an issue we are working on, and we do believe in being transparent. Thanks for being a loyal Sonny's customer, Jon, we truly appreciate the support, and will continue to earn your business.

P.S. If anyone ever has any issues with any parts order please call me direct at 1-800-327-8723 ext 199. Thank you.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
If I were the owner of Sonny's, I'd be getting this fixed. I would be finding out how much business this problem is costing me! How many customers see the quoted shipping costs and cancel before finishing the checkout?

MEP001

Reaction score
If I were the owner of Sonny's, I'd be getting this fixed. I would be finding out how much business this problem is costing me! How many customers see the quoted shipping costs and cancel before finishing the checkout?
I would have cancelled the order too based on that shipping estimate. IMO you'd be better off giving no estimate at all than one that's so grossly wrong.

slash007

Reaction score
I would have cancelled the order too based on that shipping estimate. IMO you'd be better off giving no estimate at all than one that's so grossly wrong.
Very true. Kleen Rite does not give an estimate but I know from experience that the rates will be fair and relative to what I order, so I don't worry about it. I would cancel my order if the estimate was $80 as you never know what it actually will be, and if it does somehow come out around $80, they can say that you were warned.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW, when I was surprised by the on line shipping estimate from Sonnys I called them and they gve me the actual amount.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If I were the owner of Sonny's, I'd be getting this fixed. QUOTE]

>>This is something we are working to change, but nothing is easy in this system, so please bear with us. <<

I think that is what he said.

mac

Reaction score
Well I'm just sorry that this is so hard for you guys to figure out and get corrected. Why didn't you just say the dog ate the order and screwed it up. Seems odd that when a computer is blamed for a human error, the charge is always a higher one. When you get this one corrected you might want to address the press #1 for English issue.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
My daughter works for a large multi billion dollar corp. that experienced the same problems that Sonny's has when instituting a new SAP system. Took them more than a year to fix.
A friend of mine owns a medium size (25 million) auto repair products distribution company and it took them almost 2 years to fix their SAP system that they spent over $500,000 for. They still have minor issues.
I don't order from Sonny's but I agree with MEP001 they shouldn't even put an estimated freight cost on the order for now.
Just saying though we all have issues in our businesses that take a while to fix.