What's new

Sonny’s Services Of Texas

Carwashking

Reaction score
Sonny’s purchased Scotchplaid Chemical about 1 1/2 years ago and they have destroyed the company. It take eight weeks to purchase soap, double billed, incomplete orders. Everytime we receive a back order we are charged $25 for their incompetence even if you tell them ship complete order. We spend more time on the phone or computer reviewing invoices. Did I mention price increase of 26%since they took over. Everyone I know in my area is so unhappy with Sonny’s. I’m making a switch because I had it with Sonny’s.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I agree with everything you have written. I ordered from Scotch Plaid since 1994, few problems and settled right away. It's been a constant nightmare now with Sonny's. No need repeating what has already been said.

MudMoney

Reaction score
BTW, I would like to switch from using scotch plaid extreme presoak and scotch pine concentrate in my SS. Any recommendations ?

Carwashking

Reaction score
LRP Industries. Most of the chemicals came from a former company called greater southwest chemical before Scotchplaid bought. LRP (richard)was the lead blender who went in business for himself about 25 years ago. I’m switching to him along with many other people. I can’t be loyal to my sales person anymore His hands are tied. Sonny’s way is pure aggravation.
(214) 340-7708 ask for Richard LRP

MEP001

Reaction score
I've dealt with Scotch Plaid since 1993. They were so great back then. They started to decline years before Sonny's took over, but it's gotten even worse since. The biggest issues were and still are with billing, bookkeeping, getting orders processed and receiving confirmations, and some delays in shipping. I used to order a full truckload every three weeks, and if I faxed my PO on Monday morning I'd have the trailer at the back dock before we opened on Wednesday. Now it's as much as 10 days, we have to call and call to get a ship date, no order confirmations or invoice, they started jacking up the prices with no advance notice so we're taking a loss in profit, and one customer we drop-ship to had to wait over two weeks (I think it was 17 days) for five barrels of soap which he'd usually receive never more than three days after ordering.

I like them and want to keep using them, but we just get a string of excuses and promises that things will get better, but instead they are steadily getting worse. I understand that cost of materials has skyrocketed, and I know there are supply issues for the base product they use, but I should be able to e-mail an order, then call them and ask for an order confirmation and an expected ship date and get those within an hour (or realistically within 10 minutes). Instead it's DAYS and multiple calls, and we may never get a confirmation with current prices or an invoice before the due date.

Carwashking

Reaction score
As of today they have a price increase. I don’t buy trailer loads but I do spend about $100,000 a year with them. You would think they could email me or my sales person the price of my products before and after the increase. Sonny’s Way is take it or leave it. Between Sonny’s and NCS They are buying everyone that leave a big void for a customer driven soap distributor

MEP001

Reaction score
You would think they could email me or my sales person the price of my products before and after the increase.
Scotch Plaid would always announce a price increase as far ahead as they could and would send a new price list (and an apology letter) along with the last date you can place an order and get old prices. I understand their costs went up pretty quickly and somewhat unexpectedly, but several times we'd just get an invoice with increased prices a week after receiving the order, delivering it to the customer, and getting paid for it based on old costs.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
BTW, I would like to switch from using scotch plaid extreme presoak and scotch pine concentrate in my SS. Any recommendations ?
I use KR Low PH Products for this as well as HP and in my tunnel. Gave up on KR Pre soak and HP due to gelling issues.

Doug Marquis

Reaction score
Sonny’s purchased Scotchplaid Chemical about 1 1/2 years ago and they have destroyed the company. It take eight weeks to purchase soap, double billed, incomplete orders. Everytime we receive a back order we are charged $25 for their incompetence even if you tell them ship complete order. We spend more time on the phone or computer reviewing invoices. Did I mention price increase of 26%since they took over. Everyone I know in my area is so unhappy with Sonny’s. I’m making a switch because I had it with Sonny’s.
Hello Carwashking...
I'm very sorry for the difficulties you encountered. We would like to speak with you directly and rectify the issues. Can you let me know the best way to reach you, or contact me at Doug.Marquis@sonnysdirect.com or 920-737-3648 ?
Thank You,
Doug

Doug Marquis

Reaction score
I agree with everything you have written. I ordered from Scotch Plaid since 1994, few problems and settled right away. It's been a constant nightmare now with Sonny's. No need repeating what has already been said.
Hello Swampdonkey,
I'm very sorry for any difficulties you have had with Scotch Plaid. If possible, we would like to speak with you directly. Can you let me know the best way to reach you, or contact me at Doug.Marquis@sonnysdirect.com or 920-737-3648 ?
Thank You,
Doug

Doug Marquis

Reaction score
I've dealt with Scotch Plaid since 1993. They were so great back then. They started to decline years before Sonny's took over, but it's gotten even worse since. The biggest issues were and still are with billing, bookkeeping, getting orders processed and receiving confirmations, and some delays in shipping. I used to order a full truckload every three weeks, and if I faxed my PO on Monday morning I'd have the trailer at the back dock before we opened on Wednesday. Now it's as much as 10 days, we have to call and call to get a ship date, no order confirmations or invoice, they started jacking up the prices with no advance notice so we're taking a loss in profit, and one customer we drop-ship to had to wait over two weeks (I think it was 17 days) for five barrels of soap which he'd usually receive never more than three days after ordering.

I like them and want to keep using them, but we just get a string of excuses and promises that things will get better, but instead they are steadily getting worse. I understand that cost of materials has skyrocketed, and I know there are supply issues for the base product they use, but I should be able to e-mail an order, then call them and ask for an order confirmation and an expected ship date and get those within an hour (or realistically within 10 minutes). Instead it's DAYS and multiple calls, and we may never get a confirmation with current prices or an invoice before the due date.
Hello MEP001,
I'm very sorry for the difficulties you encountered. We would like to speak with you directly and rectify the issues. Can you let me know the best way to reach you, or contact me at Doug.Marquis@sonnysdirect.com or 920-737-3648 ?
Thank You,
Doug

water guy

Reaction score
Would love to know the Outcome of this One. Being some of these Gentlemen are long time Owner Operators.

Carwashking

Reaction score
I will call Doug tomorrow. I know I have sent unanswered responses from other Sonny’s management. They have over 18 months and have not seen one improvement except they put Don Witt back in charge of production. Unfortunately to late to change the bitter taste

Doug Marquis

Reaction score
I will call Doug tomorrow. I know I have sent unanswered responses from other Sonny’s management. They have over 18 months and have not seen one improvement except they put Don Witt back in charge of production. Unfortunately to late to change the bitter taste
I will definately answer the phone or call back today if I happen to miss it... I'm in the OH manufactruring plant today, and occasionally miss an incoming call while out on the factory floor. Thanks!