What's new

Sonny's I5 vs. PDQ Tandem?

Xtremedawg

2 IBA, 5 SS
Reaction score
I am looking at taking out one of my PDQ G5's and putting in a friction machine and I have been looking at Sonny's I5 and the PDQ Tandem. If you were putting in a friction machine which one would you choose and why? Thanks for the help!!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well in my opinion a 5 brush or even a 3 brush will wash faster then PDQ's tandem and have the less likely chance of missing areas due to multiple wash passes as PDQ's tandem is a good machine is not going to process vehicles faster then a Ryko or Belanger or Sonny's I5 as I said this is just my opinion.

captain cw

Reaction score
I have not heard a good thing about the tandem. I ran through one and it took over ten minutes to wash my truck. It also looks like a bunch of potential service issues. Just my opinion...

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I have not heard a good thing about the tandem.
But they sure look cool from the customers point of view. I think that would help bring new washers in. I don't have one, but have (am) considering one.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I have to see one in real life not a trade show not on you tube to see it's full potential yes I agree it does look cool and open to the customer, but if it doesn't clean very good then you have a problem it needs to have the flex coupler arm like Sonny's has on the rear brushes of the I5 to contour to the vehicle many European in-bay washes have it why can't that simple add-on be on U.S in-bays?

Xtremedawg

2 IBA, 5 SS
Reaction score
I talk to a guy in NY that has a Sonny's I5 and he loves his machine and said not to buy a Tandem at all. He said the I5 cleans and washes a car very fast for a in bay and its does a great job and he has not had any problems with his machine.