What's new

Some price advice needed

KleanRide

Reaction score
Been doing a lot of searching and reading old threads, but would like to get some updated pricing advice, if possible. I'm 5 months into an old 7-bay SS that has for many years been a great wash until the previous owner passed away. I've done extensive renovations and the wash is currently clean, running well, and we have crypto on all bays/vacs. My sales jumped 25% when renovations were complete.

My city is a low price market for car washes and most of my SS competitors are at .75 to 1.00 for 3-4 minutes. I'm currently the most expensive in my area (and nicest/best operating) at $1.25 for 3.5 minutes and will probably raise to $1.50 in the spring.

Currently there are two express tunnel washes nearby, one brand new within a mile. Their low tier washes are $5-6.00 with free vacs. I've seen a 10-15% drop in business since the new one opened, but I suspect I'll get some of that back (already hearing complaints about car/trim damage and dirt left on vehicles).

My quandary is this: to my knowledge, my wash has never offered any type of special or bonus time. They didn't need to because they were always packed until it started to erode. I'm considering offering bonus time, and maybe a mid-week special - at least during the honeymoon phase of the new tunnel down the street. Can anyone offer advice, based on the numbers I've presented, on an effective bonus/special program that might work well? I'd just like to pull in some new biz without giving away the farm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

washallday

Reaction score
One thing I have learned is to raise prices in late fall. When I would raise it in the spring or summer customers have a choose to wash at home. By the time spring comes around they are use to the higher price and just keep coming to wash.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
We offer Bonus at $5 and signs say "XXX Time for $2.00 and YY Time --Z FREE for $5"

KleanRide

Reaction score
Thanks, Earl - but not following your signage. Can you fill in the blanks with an example?