What's new

Some one talk to me about IBA menu design

Strava

Reaction score
I'll be increasing my prices soon, and I want to redesign my old D&S menu. I've been doing a lot of googling and looking at other people's menus and I came across the one in the picture below. I noticed that 99% of the iba menus I've seen out there either provide a bullet points list of each item that's in the package or they have colorful icons. I really like that in the picture below that it only says good, better, or best, with no breakdown of what comes with each selection. We all know people don't read signs and I'm looking to declutter as much as I can. Why don't more operators use a minimalist menu design? I asked Robert Greene the operator of that site and he said they are going to transition their other locations that that design. Before I get my new menu & advertising printed up I wanted to see if there are any drawbacks to going this route.

Attachments

washnshine

Reaction score
I’m not a big fan of just a single word for the package. If someone is charging and someone else is paying up to $20 for a wash, I think a list of what’s included is necessary. I know not everyone reads every add-on and option, but having it available also just seems more transparent as a business owner. I’ve seen signs that list options, and then use check marks to show what comes with a particular wash. That way the options are listed only once, and at least the customer quickly sees how many options are included. You can still just do three packages to keep it simpler.

Also - some people will want to know at what level you get the bug prep, wheel cleaner, undercarriage, dryer etc. Without an outline of the packages, it is just guesswork, and some customers may never know if the function isn’t displayed in the bay with a sign.

Attachments

Last edited:

HeyVern

Reaction score
I think the list with all of the check marks beside each other is a more effective visual, people won't read the sign, but the will notice all of the big red check marks.

pmullens1985

Reaction score
I'll be increasing my prices soon, and I want to redesign my old D&S menu. I've been doing a lot of googling and looking at other people's menus and I came across the one in the picture below. I noticed that 99% of the iba menus I've seen out there either provide a bullet points list of each item that's in the package or they have colorful icons. I really like that in the picture below that it only says good, better, or best, with no breakdown of what comes with each selection. We all know people don't read signs and I'm looking to declutter as much as I can. Why don't more operators use a minimalist menu design? I asked Robert Greene the operator of that site and he said they are going to transition their other locations that that design. Before I get my new menu & advertising printed up I wanted to see if there are any drawbacks to going this route.
Just did this, I’m really happy so far.

Attachments

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Calling the second from the top the 'Ultimate' makes no sense. Xtreme should be below 'ultimate'. Otherwise, "ultimate" is not really ultimate..... Ultimate means best and how is something the best if there is a better option???

I like to downplay the description on the lower packages, even listing less than what actually occurs during the process. For example, my bottom package has 2 presoaks, wax, etc. but my description says "wash and dry".