What's new

Sold my wash

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone here for the great help and advice received during 15 years of SS wash ownership. Many times, the wealth of knowledge on this forum helped turn a perplexing problem into a simple one.

In January 2021, I sold my SS wash. I first purchased in 2005 when it was a run down wash with a poor reputation. But when I sold, it had developed a reputation as a clean, reliable wash and perceived as one of the more successful businesses in a small town. Some of it was my effort and investment to modernize it, but also some of it was great local help since I was an absentee owner for 15 years.

The new owners are a local family. I believe they are well suited to SS ownership. They want to continue the improvements and take the business to its next level of success. If I have a regret about SS ownership, it was not being able to do even more things I could have done if I had lived in the area full time. But these new owners, I believe, will do so. I have told them about this forum and anticipate you will be seeing them around.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Congrats Duane. I met you back in 2006 when you gave us a ride back to Luxor. I had no idea that you were pretty much a greenhorn. You seemed to take to the challenges pretty well. Good luck in whatever comes next.

washnshine

Reaction score
Congrats Duane. I met you back in 2006 when you gave us a ride back to Luxor. I had no idea that you were pretty much a greenhorn. You seemed to take to the challenges pretty well. Good luck in whatever comes next.
Congratulations and best of luck to you! Thanks for all of your contributions to the forum!!