What's new

Softgloss wheel scrub

Etowah

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
My wheel scrubbers are not working. I'm getting error code 66 which says that there is a breaker tripped but I can't find one tripped and the little white button is not out. The photoeyes seem to be ok too. Obviously I'm missing something. Any ides what?
Thanks,
J

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as well I too cannot find a popped button I just reset all power to the system and I got -- but later today it came back 66 I tested it manualy the wheel scrubs work fine in both directions only thing I can guess is that when they go in to scrub they are going into hard and I will try to reduce the pressure but they are at 40 psi right now

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
This makes no sense but I ran the test function and it worked, the error went away and all is well. I have no idea why.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Code 66 is the circuit protector tripping or at least the computer input seeing the normally open contacts of the CP closing.
The only other reason for code 66 is if the PLC does not see a transition of any one prox switch for at least four consecutive wash cycles.
I would be looking at the positioning of both the prox and its target plate.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
The positioning looks ok to me. I cleaned the prox and the target and had no problems for 4 or 5 days. I had to go out of town and of course it started again. I'll try to adjust the prox alittle closer to the target. Neither of them have ever been replaced and they are over 5 years old. Is there any way of telling which 1 it may be without a handheld?
Btw I was in your old stomping grounds over the weekend. I had to fly to Lafayette on business. I had to give the Ragin Cajuns a big rasberry when I drove by because they beat my Florida Gators in the softball world series. I think we might have won it all if it had not been for that first loss to the Cajuns.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Be careful not to get too close to where the face of the prox can hit the target. One trick to try and get a intermitant prox to show up is by spraying it down with a hose. Check the entire wheel scrub assembly for slop paying special attention to the wheels and make sure all of the stainless shoulder bolts are tight. Make sure it cannot move around and lose the prox. Also make sure everything extends and retracts smoothly. Lubricate the wheels and the air cylinders. Check the air cylinders for leaks and make sure none of the shafts are bent.
Realize I was a yankee living in Louisiana. Louisiana is a special place, no where else in the world like it. I learned A LOT down there, but I must say....GO HAWKEYES!!!!!!!

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I just gave everything a good shot of wd-40. I'll see if that helps.
My niece played softball for Florida so it has been really fun to watch. It's a pretty big deal when someone from BFE Kentucky plays on ESPN. It has not been easy for me to be a Gator fan. It ONLY extends to softball and that season is over now.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Worked for 3 days. I have a leaky cylinder. I'm going to replace it as soon as I get a rainy day. I took 2 old ones to the shop and they quoted me more than a new one to fix them. Oh well.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Thats why we do not rebuild them! The new ones are differant than the ones that came with your wash and they are better. Ryko actually calls them a "retro kit".

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Btw you were right about the prox switch. Adjusted 1 about 1/8 inch and all is well.
Thanks
J

randy64

Reaction score
Gee wiz Ryko pro you sure know your sh** . good call. I was on the site and thought i'd bust you chops.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The reason we were getting the 66 code was that a small amount of water would collect on the surface of the prox and somehow it would still think it was on when extended I made a wiper assembely for the wheel scrubs so when they extend or retract that a small piece of foambrite wipes off the surface of the prox.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Water should not effect a properly working prox switch, it either needs to be moved closer to the target or if already set at the minimum distance (almost touching), replaced. The target can move slightly depending on wheels and guide track tolerances, you must make sure at least a slight gap between the target and prox is maintained.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I was in a hurry and did not notice you said the prox would stay on with water on it, it needs replaced. This is one way to find an intermitant prox (spraying water on it), if it will turn on when water is sprayed on the prox, it should be replaced.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Since I made a wiper assembly to wipe off the proxes when it extends and retracts I have not had a problem with it at all, it's simple things like this little FoamBrite wiper piece I made and other things I have built on my units that when Ryko hears of it and sees it somehow they are being built on systems going out today.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I like to make things work better too, but water should not make a prox turn on. You have fixed the symptom, but the prox will need to be replaced.

Etowah