What's new

Softgloss front brushes not folding in

daynightsigns

Reaction score
My front brushes are not against the vehicle one the first past of brushing after the tri foam driving forward to the exit, they don’t touch the vehicle at all and of course shuts it down when it gets to the front exit. Rear brushes are Normal.

This happened yesterday about 5:45pm on 6 cars in a row, Then as it the brushes were coming to the front, I forced them closed with my broom and the wash continued as normal.
I changed the front air in Mac
Valve and regulator and still Had the same problem.
I washed a few cars after this and it seemed to work fine, I left the wash and got a call it did the same thing. Also, the on board dryer will run even after the car leaves the bay sometimes until it times out also.

I was reading last night it might be the photo eye, what are your thoughts.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
It sounds like your tire photoeye PLC input X20 isn't transitioning properly.

In the brush sequences, as the machine travels reverse, it's monitoring that set of photoeyes so it will decelerate properly when they detect the rear tires and slow the machine down while it washes around the rear of the vehicle. When the machine is travelling from rear to front, the program is expecting that photoeye to transition when it detects the rear tire, and that releases the program to allow the front brushes to close on the sides of the vehicle.

At the end of the cycle, the on-board dry should turn off at the end of the cycle unless it's armed for a "drive through dry" (based on setups). At the end of the wash, if your machine still has physical bayplates (instead of virtual treadle), the program is also looking for a transition of those tire photoeyes as the vehicle leaves to satisfy vehicle detect (along with transitioning of the bayplate and backup airswitch).

That tire photoeye could be contributing to both issues.

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
Sometimes someone will hit the photoeye bracket with their tire and bend it down.
I had to pry mine back up a few times.
If the eyes don't see each other, the machine will do a variety of weird things.

daynightsigns

Reaction score
I turned up the front air and have not had an issue since. Maybe an air cylinder starting to go bad. Thank you for the replies!!
Eyes were/are good and clean. Still having issues with the onboard drying stay on after care leaves the bay.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
I don't know what vintage machine you have, but if it's one with an FX3U PLC and there are arming options for a "onboard drive thru dry" that can be added to each individual package. If it's intermittent, does it follow a specific wash package? If so, just turn off that arming bit for that wash package.

daynightsigns

Reaction score
The wash packages are all working correctly, the dry/drive through option is on so the customer can get out faster ( in most cases) so the next car can deposit money. The issue is, it will continue to dry, sometimes, even after the vehicle has left the bay and will run till it times out, I think it is set to 45 seconds. I have ordered a “backup”tape switch, and will confirm if this is the issue.