What's new

Softgloss Dies Before Dry Cycle

nelsonpw

Reaction score
We have a Softgloss with on-board dryers. The wash works as normal until the point where the dryers should kick in. Instead of drying the car the wash shuts down completely with no error codes. As soon as you back off the treadle plates the wash powers back up. We're stumped. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
When this happens, is the machine already stopped at the front spinning the brushes and moving the wiper? It sounds like at the point this is happening, you have something pulling down the 24VAC so it can't drive the outputs. Try monitoring wires 25 and 26. You should have 24VAC plus/minus 10%. It could also be one of the inputs such as the wiper prox shorting out on the DC side, and that could pull the PLC down completely to where it wouldn't register a code. You can check this by monitoring 59 and 19, you should have 24VDC.

nelsonpw

Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy reply Darin. The machine dies after coming to a stop but before the wiper and the front brush do their thing prior to drying. We'll go with your recommendations. Thanks again!

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I had this one time and my tech fixed it by adjusting the speed of the machine (vf drive). It never made sense to me....but it fixed it.