What's new

Soft touch signage vs. touch free

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
I've been looking at putting in a soft touch machine next to my touch free bays, and wondered if any of you could offer suggestions on different signage warning the customer about a "touch" environment.

I understand from another operator that there is an increase in damage claims especially for things like plastic license plate holders, etc.

If any of you have one of these machines and could post pics of your signage I would appreciate it.

JonKush

Reaction score
I've been looking at putting in a soft touch machine next to my touch free bays, and wondered if any of you could offer suggestions on different signage warning the customer about a "touch" environment.

I understand from another operator that there is an increase in damage claims especially for things like plastic license plate holders, etc.

If any of you have one of these machines and could post pics of your signage I would appreciate it.
If you go to TSS Signs website or even search useing Google Images you will find all of the standard disclaimer signs. I dont think you will need anything more than the standard signs they print.

soapy

Reaction score
Soft Gloss is a term often used. As for warning signs most say things like
1. Not responsible for after market products or loose or damaged parts.
2. Lower Power attennas
3. Remove all loose items from pickup beds
4. Remove all trailer hitches

JustClean

Reaction score
I have a big sign saying:
STOP! Remove antenna.
Only factory accessories permitted.
Rear spoiler & number plates at own risk.

Then at the entry system it says:
Access is only permitted by accepting the Terms & Condition of Use at the entry of the wash.
This T&C has then all the fine print.

However, I am more concerned about the car damaging my wash than the other way around...