What's new

Soft Gloss code 40

Etowah

SuperClean

Reaction score
I have a problem with the machine stopping and the emergency shut off alarm coming on and a code 40 (maybe 41 not at the wash now) I took off the wires on terminal 26 but it still wont start up. It did this last week and i found a crushed wire to the wash package selector and replaced it but the problem just came back. Does anyone know a bypass so i can run the wash any help is appreciated.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
What is it exactly doing during the wash cycle? is it going to the rear of the vehicle and shuting down, is it washing then just shutting down in the middle of the cycle?

Here are the Codes for 40 and 41

Code 40: Wash Closed, Code-A-Wash Reset, or Emergency Stop. Turn switch to Wash Open, turn Emergency Stop switch back on (pull or turn button?), or clear Code-A-Wash reset.

Code 41: Vehicle too long! If this happens on every vehicle, clean the photoeyes. If condition persists, call for service.

SuperClean

Reaction score
It is code 40 the wash is turned on and emergency shut off is not pushed in
It normally shuts down at the end of the wash cycle and the alarm comes on
I took off the terminal 26 on the plc that is where the emergency shut off goes to the machine but it still wont move. I was moving the boom around today and it will shut the alarm off so i think i will have to go through all the wires it must be something that runs across the boom. If you can think of any thing else i could do untill i find it to get it running or something i could try.

SuperClean

Reaction score
Ryko Softgloss code 40 Help me

This is still a problem that we can not figure out almost a week now.
Code 40 is on ( emergency stop) and the emergency rinse buzzer is on.
My tec checked the wiring and it all looks good we can take the buzzer off the plc but the machine will not move same if we take the emergency stop off the plc it just gets rid of the code but the machine will not move. If anyone has run into a problem like this or could think of anything that we could try. Im at a lost now so any thing would help.
Thank You Greig

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
Just to throw a dart, try checking your VFD. It stores the last 3 faults. I can dig up which parameter it is if you need it.

NJpdq

Reaction score
It's possible it could be a bad boom wire, I would just replace the wire (27) in the boom cable, there are some spares that you could use. Does it happen on every wash?

SuperClean

Reaction score
Almost every wash we shut it down most of the time near the end of the wash i will try this. The tec has some lines for the boom on order so hes going to start replacing them and hope he finds it but i will start with this.
Thanks

NJpdq

Reaction score
So it goes through the whole wash? Does it only shut down at the end? When does it shut down?

SuperClean

Reaction score
Once the alarm comes on it shuts down it normally is near the end of the wash but has happened in the middle

SuperClean

Reaction score
Got it fixed today one of the wires that runs along the boom had to be replaced( 24 wires in it). Still not sure what the problem was but something in there wash triggering the emergency rinse buzzer which some how wash sending a code 40 (not connected to the buzzer) and shutting the machine down. Im just happy to find it after being closed for over a week. It can never be simple