What's new

Soda Sales Way Down

sparkey

Reaction score
For those of you that have a soda machine at your wash are you seeing a dramatic reduction in sales? Looking back in the last 10 years I am seeing a steady decline in soda sales. I am selling roughly a quarter of the product I sold just 5 years ago. Wondering if anyone is seeing the same trend?

washnshine

Reaction score
For those of you that have a soda machine at your wash are you seeing a dramatic reduction in sales? Looking back in the last 10 years I am seeing a steady decline in soda sales. I am selling roughly a quarter of the product I sold just 5 years ago. Wondering if anyone is seeing the same trend?
I don’t sell them, but with an increase in the interest in healthy eating options (for some) and the many new flavored waters, natural juices, recovery type drinks and plant-based and protein drinks, I would guess soda sales would be down.

With that being said, these drinks generally sell for a lot more than a soda and I would guess to turn the same profit as on the sodas, you would probably have a pretty high price on them - and then that might make people less likely to purchase them from a machine.

Etowah