What's new

Soda price in your vendor?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Most defiantly save the old unit for a spare $800 to me sounds cheap for a complete new unit with compressor, evap, condensor, fans and all.
I wonder how complete was Waxman's part that did not require any Freon recovery?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
They are a sealed unit and they are simple to replace, I've done a few of them.
Randy & others,

Have you ever found the "sealed unit" to possibly be worth it to repair with someone local's shop similar to our friend tdlconceptsllc's shop?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I decided to buy a brand new unit when I couldn’t even get a refrigeration company to call me back in my area

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I wonder how complete was Waxman's part that did not require any Freon recovery?
These systems look like self contained if anything like the video posted which I thought was pretty wild myself. Would be very easy system to work on straight forward it looks like. If shipping was cheap I would repair for you guys lol. This winter I have to restore a classic coke machine the refrigeration system from the 50s,60s era for a guy that worked on my 68 Camaro for labor we are doing a trade out thats gonna be labor extensive got to repipe and solder all new in electrical & all

Attachments

Last edited:
Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
These systems look like self contained if anything like the video posted which I thought was pretty wild myself. Would be very easy system to work on straight forward it looks like. If shipping was cheap I would repair for you guys lol. This winter I have to restore a classic coke machine the refrigeration system from the 50s,60s era for a guy that worked on my 68 Camaro for labor we are doing a trade out thats gonna be labor extensive got to repipe and solder all new in electrical & all
Nice, the only time I've ever seen one of those was at a five-and-dime on some small town when I was a kid. Of course I didn't know you had to turn the knob first before you deposited money and I got something I didn't want. If you ever find for sale one like that or one that vends the 10 oz. bottle through the narrow pull-out door, DM me please.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
These systems look like self contained if anything like the video posted which I thought was pretty wild myself. Would be very easy system to work on straight forward it looks like. If shipping was cheap I would repair for you guys lol.
We have been blessed with a long term reputable "extra accommodating" electrical motor repair shop here in Bismarck. I am thinking that possibly what mostly goes wrong is just the motor portion. I am not sure if just the internal motor portion could be worked on once it is on the workbench???

I remember a friend who had a medium sized neighborhood grocery store that was about 5x the size of a convenience store. We went to the auction when they went out of business & it was an education to see the "behind the scenes" large amounts of refrigeration-freon related equipment!