What's new

Social media marketing

mac

Reaction score
Getting back into operating a carwash has been a little eye opening for me. I’ve known the nuts and bolts of the business for years. Well now I feel I have one of the best operations around, but am frustrated letting people know about us. Have looked at social marketing online and was overwhelmed by the choices and prices available. So once again I dip into the well of knowledge here. Any of you that can recommend someone who is good at this and is reasonably priced? Some operators I’ve talked to are seeing good results from it, and considering how the younger folk Live on it it’s time to sign up.

boywonder

Reaction score
So i just hired a company to handle my social media accounts starting this month. A little apprehensive at the cost less than $1k month, but I knew if I wasn't seeing the results, I could cancel. Try and fail, or try and succeed, but at least try. I thought I knew everything when it came to social media, took the classes, but didn't matter cause it was always evolving. So far my page likes have grown more in 8 days, than the last year or two. Engagements are up as well. And everything is scheduled out for the month, and all direct messages are answered by someone other than me.

mac

Reaction score
That’s sort of what I’m finding. High monthly cost with little increase in paying customers. Yes, it is evolving.

boywonder

Reaction score
It all depends on how you look at it. So I pay a monthly fee and then what ever is spent on boosted posts. About $100 total for boosted for the month. They do all the scheduling, artwork, and reputation management. Remember Im just a week into it. But its the evolution on advertising. I was scared to run tv commercials because of the price, now I wish I done it sooner. Thats the same way I feel about this. Basically I just took what I was spending in print and reallocated it to social media. Still do a little print but not like I use to. But once you start building your base, your base will advertise for you for free just by sharing or liking your posts. Its taken so much stress off of me. I usually never knew what to post when, and when I had an idea it was to late. Its not for everyone, but its the cost of doing business.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Create a Google Business page. It's easy enough to do. Then : Go to namecheap.com and purchase a domain name for your car wash. Link GMB page to your domain name. Create a QR code for your domain. Print / laminate / post QR code at the wash. Post specials, pictures, events, new equipment, 15 second videos of your soaps, waxes, foamy brush in operation. People love that.

Create a facebook page for the business. Link it to your domain and GMB page.

That's the social media / digital / website piece.

Now, go out to police, fire, contractors, dealerships, etc and give away tokens / free washes. Let customers come for free. Once they see how awesome it is with all your improvements, they become your 'influencers'.

I've got a guy who can handle the computer part for you at an affordable price. Let me know if you want his number.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
Are any of you with just SS bays advertising? I started my first Facebook ad yesterday. Base price is $3/ day so it's not a big deal if it does not work out. More choices than I was expecting for selecting the target audience so I need to do some research on how to maximize facebook ads.

boywonder

Reaction score
And when you think you get facebook figured out, they change it so get use to always learning their new ways.

STXCW

Reaction score
Social Media is a must but it sure is a double edged sword.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Getting back into operating a carwash has been a little eye opening for me. I’ve known the nuts and bolts of the business for years. Well now I feel I have one of the best operations around, but am frustrated letting people know about us. Have looked at social marketing online and was overwhelmed by the choices and prices available. So once again I dip into the well of knowledge here. Any of you that can recommend someone who is good at this and is reasonably priced? Some operators I’ve talked to are seeing good results from it, and considering how the younger folk Live on it it’s time to sign up.
https://www.google.com/business/
You might already have a GMB page you just need to claim (Use your mobile phone) Google creates them if you've been in business 3 or more years.

It's free, has builti-SEO tools, first page website friendly (Bing, Google) in less than 3 months for House Of Wax in Orange, MA.

Make sure you do the steps in the left column in order. 3 tools (www.namecheap.com (Least expensive domain names with private registration included (House Of Wax $54 for 3 years) (tiny.cc) Use this to create a custom URL like tiny.cc/yourbusinessname) (www.tinypng.com) Use this to compress the file size of any images without losing the resolution so your website loads quick) I'm their IT/Marketing dude. You can always email me directly for assistance synergymarketing@mail.com

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been adding pictures of my wash and videos and posts about the detail shop with great results. Google gives you your stats regularly and I'm getting more and more contacts through the website to my business.

www.tiny.cc/houseofwax

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Social Media is a must but it sure is a double edged sword.
What gets me is when the slick salesperson won't answer about the actual costs during the early stages of their phone call. Then in the end they insist upon including a local professional photographer among other "take over stipulations" & you find out the average cost if someone somewhere CLICKS on the ad could be more than $5 per even though they ploy "limited time free this or that". There have been more than one for I patiently stayed on for as long as 1.5 hours only to find out the cost-value was very questionable.

I hate to say the companies' names because I have allowed so many of the social media marketers to go through their lengthy long drawn out sales strategy. Often a strategy & timing that is not a good fit for my facility. Maybe I just happen to get their worst sales people???

lb60605

Reaction score
Check out GoDaddy they will have a consultation with you to learn what you want from your social media. They will do a photoshoot of your business, get you set up on Facebook, twitter, google, Instagram, Yelp, and handle everything. Their price point is 3 choices, I pay $399 month and there is a start fee of $799 and they only want you to commit for 90 days. No annual or long term contracts. They will help in expanding your reach and will post all your specials, and any events you want to post.