What's new

Social Media and Web Pages, Are they really worth it?

PEI

Reaction score
So over the last five years I have spent more and more time dealing with our social media pages and to a lesser degree our web page. When I created all of them I had high hopes of improving sales, but that just hasn't happened. Lately, I have been trying to decide if the posts and videos are worth the time that they take up. I have come to realize that for an iba online sales just don't work well. Since I have to discount them to sale them online, I am finally okay with not selling them. The social media pages have been more of a struggle to come to grips with. They really are just an outlet to let us inform and communicate with our fans. My question is it worth the time and money it takes to do all of this? Currently we operate a facebook page, a google+ page, a youtube channel, and a webpage. What do the rest of you offer?

BBE

Reaction score
facebook marketing has been a great tool for us. Spend 5 bucks advertising one of your pictures/videos, you will be surprised how many people it reaches. 5 bucks is good for well over a thousand views. Target zip codes within a 10 mile radius or so of your business.

PEI

Reaction score
Thanks, BBE. I have used Facebook Marketing to advertise our page and with it our locations, but I have never tried just advertising one of the videos through Facebook Marketing.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Nada, zip. Recently was approached by Yelp. Told them I would not cross the street to urinate on them if they were on fire. It's very difficult if not impossible to respond to BS posts. Seen same BS on many tunnel reviews.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
facebook marketing has been a great tool for us. Spend 5 bucks advertising one of your pictures/videos, you will be surprised how many people it reaches. 5 bucks is good for well over a thousand views. Target zip codes within a 10 mile radius or so of your business.

We did the same thing recently....Spent $5.00 and reached 1037 people. Does it work???? That's a good question...Couple things like this with new equipment, putting out plenty of soap/wax, etc, make sure everything works, and the word gets out...All this combined equals more customers. Sunny 50° days after a long snowy cold spell helps too!

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
What drives internet retail promotion is convenience of immediate gratification whereas store-based promotion is shopping experience of buying from a physical store location.

So, the carwash website should communicate attributes and benefits in terms of quality, service, prices, product information, etc., that makes shopping experience more pleasant than the competition.

Start with goals and objectives.

Why do people visit carwash and return? Answers are clean, shine and protect their vehicles and customer satisfaction.

Here, website should clearly distinguish two niches served – DIY (wands) and DIFM (in-bay).

Then what are attributes and benefits of DIY and DIFM?

For example, if you sell rain-x total body, website should explain the value added in terms what the product does (protects glass, paint, rims), how long it lasts, price, etc.

Generating revenue directly by selling unlimited online (price discounting) is only great if wash has built-in capacity to service the demand.

Otherwise, generating revenue indirectly by offering a loyalty program (VIP card) and e-mail promotion (or phone app) to get customers to visit the store would make more sense for self-serve.

Plastering carwash website address everywhere conceivable can be uses as a form of site optimization.

Although Facebook is primarily for making friends and socializing, it does present an opportunity for folks to link-up and visit the website and ultimately the store.

Judging success is difficult because carwash is not click’s business.

For example, as far as I know, there is no way to relate change in “likes” and “dislikes” with change in car counts or wash revenues.

Consequently, I recommend operators rely on customer satisfaction surveys conducted on premises as a method to measure change.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
what I noticed is people respond well to before and after pictures of the detail packages our shop completes. I have gotten jobs this way (face book).

website is important for detail but car wash i'm not sure yet