What's new

Soaps JBS vs. K-R ultra concentrates

slash007

Reaction score
Yellow tip on hydrominder and coming straight from the bucket. The JC pump stand does add hot water though from the holding tank, so it does dilute it further.

slash007

Reaction score
Yes, soft water. I added soft water just over a year ago when I installed my new pump stand and it completely changed the chemical consumption.

Randy

Reaction score
We had problems with the "Just Peachy" getting flakes of some solid materiel in the bottom of the pail, looked like flakes of rust, but wasn't rust. It would plug up the hydrominder foot valve. It does last a long time.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Yes, soft water. I added soft water just over a year ago when I installed my new pump stand and it completely changed the chemical consumption.
I think I've mentioned this multiple times here on the forum, If you're not running soft water, you're throwing $$$ away in chemical/soap costs. I run Zero Grain Hardness water and get a lot of miles out of a bucket of soap.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I think I've mentioned this multiple times here on the forum, If you're not running soft water, you're throwing $$$ away in chemical/soap costs. I run Zero Grain Hardness water and get a lot of miles out of a bucket of soap.
I agree. If you don't have soft water there isn't a good soap.

slash007

Reaction score
7 Months on a pail of anything???Is the place shut down?
Yesterday I decided to up the tip on the Just Peachy since it wasn't using much anyway. I changed the tip and marked the pail with the level and date. Today I went to check on it and it was up an inch in the pail lol. No wonder it's lasting forever. I found a bad foot valve and replaced it (along with the whole feed line since it was stiff and broke) but even with a bad foot valve, why would water back feed in to the pail if everything is working properly with the hydrominder? I've had eductors go bad and spit water which would go into the pail, but this one has good suction and no water coming out. Color on chemical in tank was good as well.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Slash
mine did that once. Turned out the screw down clamp wasn't tight enough,by the foot valve, & it was allowing water to seep back in.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
If the foot valve goes bad and you don't have a hydrominder with a siphon break it can pull water back in the pail. Drill a small hole in the discharge tube to break the siphon.

slash007

Reaction score
I do have a siphon break in the discharge tube. Honestly still can't figure out how water got back in the pail.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
The culprit surely isn't this obvious, is it? Is the water/soap line in your tank above the syphon break hole?

slash007

Reaction score
The culprit surely isn't this obvious, is it? Is the water/soap line in your tank above the syphon break hole?
I doubt it, but I'll double check next time I"m there. Battling everything that comes with the cold weather, I havne't spent much time trying to figure out the wax problem, but it should warm up soon.

slash007

Reaction score
So far after changing the chemical tube and foot valve, it has gone down after a few days of use. I'll just keep an eye on it for now. Thanks for the advice.