What's new

Soap

chaz

Reaction score
Considering a switch to JBS chemicals for my auto and s/s. Their plant is just up the road from me....so it would be very convenient.

Looking for feedback and recommendations on JBS products for auto and s/s.

Officer

Reaction score
Their action line is pretty good. I use the Action High Ph Presoak. About to try the low and high together once our Washworld RAZOR gets installed. The storm hyper is a good presoak. Samurai Shield is a badass wax. You won't go wrong with the glow foam trifoam either.

PEI

Reaction score
We have been using JBS since 2015 with our Laserwash 4000's. We use the Compass line, specifically CPS-100, CPS-200, CPS-201, CPS- 500, CPS-602, and CPS-700. We have had phenomenal results, the site with the biggest change for us went from 24 cars a day to 62. The only change we made was the soap.

Officer

Reaction score
PEI, good info. I've been looking at the compass line. What are the benefits? Costs? Cost to switch over? Overall opinion of the products? How often are you changing out containers? Why are you running the CPS 201 booster? Thanks again PEI.

chaz

Reaction score
Thanks .. yeah I like what I’m reading about the compass line. Just the expense of the hydro flex pumping system has me leaning towards the traditional 55gallon drums. I’m expecting a proposal from the rep early in the week. (I’d assume the effectiveness of the compass system and their traditional soaps will be similar?!)

xbowhunter86

Reaction score
JBS Compass line is awesome! I am using as much Compass as possible for both Touch Free IBA and self-serve products. I still have Hydrominders for self serve products and Compass is working well. Cleaning power is great! My local rep is very responsive as are some of the other folks in the company. JBS offers great operator support!

Doug P.

Reaction score
We have been using JBS since 2015 with our Laserwash 4000's. We use the Compass line, specifically CPS-100, CPS-200, CPS-201, CPS- 500, CPS-602, and CPS-700. We have had phenomenal results, the site with the biggest change for us went from 24 cars a day to 62. The only change we made was the soap.
"24 cpd to 62cpd" WOW!!!

What soap were you using before the JBS?

What kind of volume change at your other automatics?

PEI

Reaction score
Sorry to be so long getting back. As far as cleaning versus the Action line there really isn't any difference. The advantages are smaller containers (2.5 gallons), everything is rectangular which makes storage easier, and it keeps the equipment room cleaner while taking up a smaller footprint.

There was no additional cost for us to switch over. JBS provided the reservoirs. I have modified the reservoirs to make them fit our needs better, but JBS is currently working on new reservoirs that deal with the issues we had.

As far as how often we add product, that depends. Our containers are cut down to 8 gallons, and when we are busy we can use 2.5 gallons of 100 and 200 a day. If they were still the original 15 gallons we could get more time out of them.

I have really been happy with the Compass line. Before we were using CSI's Ultraflex. I couldn't get the cleaning with it that I wanted. Marco with JBS worked with me to help me get the Compass dialed in. It has allowed us to outclean our local Express Exteriors with a touchless format. It also dramatically reduced our parts cost since it seems to be easier on the equipment.

The other 3 locations that we operate went from 24 cpd to 32cpd, 52 cpd to 68 cpd, and 102 cpd to 122 cpd.

Hoser06

Reaction score
Thanks for the info PEI and others.
I'm looking to making the switch to Compass next month. I've been using JBS chems for 10 years now mainly action & revolution lines.
Questions for you,
For pre soaks, did you happen to try the bugsaw HPC (CPS-203) as your high ph step? My JBS contact is suggesting it as a hph in a two step presoak.
Are you dual injecting HPC-200 with HPC=201?

I have 4000s as well with chemflex grey .83 injectors. What tips are you using for the presoaks? Did you have to use ultra lean? any issues with clogged demma tips?

What tips are working well with your self serve hydrominders? My rep has yet to provide any dilution recommendations for the self serve compass product.

Thanks again

chaz

Reaction score
Thanks for the info PEI and others.
I'm looking to making the switch to Compass next month. I've been using JBS chems for 10 years now mainly action & revolution lines.
Questions for you,
For pre soaks, did you happen to try the bugsaw HPC (CPS-203) as your high ph step? My JBS contact is suggesting it as a hph in a two step presoak.
Are you dual injecting HPC-200 with HPC=201?

I have 4000s as well with chemflex grey .83 injectors. What tips are you using for the presoaks? Did you have to use ultra lean? any issues with clogged demma tips?

What tips are working well with your self serve hydrominders? My rep has yet to provide any dilution recommendations for the self serve compass product.

Thanks again
If your JBS rep is anything like Marco, he or she will be on site setting up the Chemicals and providing a cost per car. We tried to use compass at my location but my “blue & white” pumps could not adjust properly...so I’m using more traditional chemicals including Storm, Bug Saw (summer months) and Fonic. AMAZING how much better our cleaning power is!!!!!

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
Last fall we had Marco come out to figure out what we needed to replace our chemicals. We tried several price/quality levels of chemicals. For the presoak we ended up going with dual injecting Action (AT-102) and booster (AT-150) with purple tips in the hydrominder tee. It titrates at about 30 drops with the JBS kit. That's what it took to replace the Super Wash's powdered Super Soap which is some mean stuff. We are now using all JBS chemicals and using the premium versions. From what I understand the Compass line is a very concentrated for shipping purposes.

soonermajic

Reaction score
If your JBS rep is anything like Marco, he or she will be on site setting up the Chemicals and providing a cost per car. We tried to use compass at my location but my “blue & white” pumps could not adjust properly...so I’m using more traditional chemicals including Storm, Bug Saw (summer months) and Fonic. AMAZING how much better our cleaning power is!!!!!
Do, you use Fonic in the SS bays? If so, what'd you use earlier, & how much better is Fonic?

chaz

Reaction score
Do, you use Fonic in the SS bays? If so, what'd you use earlier, & how much better is Fonic?
Obviously with s/s wash quality depends much on the person doing the washing. We went from all Warsaw to all JBS. We use JBS s/s products.... products are more consistent and better looking at the gun. I should’ve switched along time ago.

OurTown

Reaction score
We use Fonic PH plus (PR-180) and never did try the regular Fonic (DT-100) for whatever reason. We have ours pretty cranked up and looks great in the bay.