What's new

Soap tank over-floods

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The problem: Soap tank overflows when rinse is running in the bays.
The background: I recently hooked up cold water rinse option after running 5 years w/everything on hot water. There is a Watts regulator on cold water line. It was pegged at 60psi and I dropped it back to 45-50 thinking it may be too high.

What I did so far: replaced diaphragm on Hydrominder 511, thinking water was getting past it somehow. I didn't fix the overflood and I noticed a steady, slow rise in the level of the tank (when 1 bay was on 'rinse) and a watering down of the soap in the soap tank.

This problem started after I plumbed up cold water rinse.

TIA/ wax

soapy

Reaction score
Put a check valve in the line so that cold water can't flow back to the soap tank.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
My soap and wax solenoids are installed backwards, which acts as a check valve to keep the city water pressure from rinse from backflowing into either chemical.

MEP001

Reaction score
Fatboy769 said:
My soap and wax solenoids are installed backwards, which acts as a check valve to keep the city water pressure from rinse from backflowing into either chemical.
This actually works really well. D/H equipment had it this way for years before they moved to block solenoids. I did the same thing after too many check valve failures. If your soap goes through a block solenoid it won't work; you'll need a check valve on the soap and wax lines to keep the pressured rinse water from pushing past them.