What's new

soap residue with spot free usage

sag57

Reaction score
Hello Good People ,this is my first post on this site after surfing the net for answers with regards to some soap residue on the paint using spot free. My system is a Washtec self serve 4 bay in a small rural town , the plant is 5 years old and being a mechanical tradesman l am fussy with my equipment. ln two of the bays l replaced the HP soap and Spot free solenoid valve assy thinking that would help and it did for a while , but l seem to be having an intermittent problem with it coming and going. When this problem occurs l make sure l rinse the line and check that there is no soap residue on the car, you think you've got it right and then you will get a burst of soapy water. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Because we are in Australia sorry about the time delay when l get back to you

MEP001

Reaction score
If you're getting only a short blast of soap in the bay while on spot-free, the check valve is leaking by only a small amount.

Etowah

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Agree with cdreed and mep, you most likely have a leaky check valve. There's probably one right before where your spot free intersects with your high pressure line. You'll get that short burst from when a customer was using HP soap and it backs up into your spot free line. Then when SF is used, it gets pushed out. It's really annoying when it happens to you because you'll get a short period of clear water then out pops some soap and then goes clear again.

sag57

Reaction score
There is a check valve near the HP Soap and Clear coat solenoids that are in tandem at the pressure pumps, l do need to have a closer look tomorrow but l do appreciate the advice that l have received, and you are right Jeff it does send you around the twist when it happens

sag57

Reaction score
About to go down to the wash will get out the parts manual see if l can locate where these check valves are, thank you Wash4me ,will get up there and have a look

MEP001

Reaction score
Just follow the spot-free line from the manifold to where it tee's into the high-pressure line. The check valve will be there.

wash4me

Reaction score
You should be able to tell if the poly tubes leave the equipment room then there has to be a check valve at the bay.

sag57

Reaction score
Thank MEPOO1 l did exactly that and located the ckecks will order spares this morning, thanks to all once again

JustClean

Reaction score
sag57,
I've got the same problem with the Aquaspray. Today a customer complained. I believe you also don't have a separate line out to the bay. I am getting a separate RO line soon. This also reduces the time when you switch from soap. Mine just takes too long .

sag57

Reaction score
Between selections the system works well with minium delay but what l have been doing is to get the customers to purge the line with high pressure rinse fot at least 30 seconds before selecting spot free and for them to relise that you have to rinse the car well before selecting the SF otherwise the soap will come through especially on dark colours

JustClean

Reaction score
Hi sag57,
just thought to let you know that since we both have the same problem I fixed mine by running a separate RO line. If you need any information on what spare parts you need for your Aquaspray send me a PM and I can send you the list. Hope that helps.