What's new

Soap comparisons

RSF

Reaction score
If I am looking into new soaps, shouldn’t the titration for both be the same if they are alkaline products? They draw quite a bit different ml to get the same titration numbers. Shouldn’t they both have same titration to do same cleaning job?
Trying to compare cost as compared to cleaning. Old soap seems to be quite a bit lower at titration than new soap, need to be able to compare my cost per wash and it’s starting to confuse me!
Thanks for any input.

washnshine

Reaction score
If I am looking into new soaps, shouldn’t the titration for both be the same if they are alkaline products? They draw quite a bit different ml to get the same titration numbers. Shouldn’t they both have same titration to do same cleaning job?
Trying to compare cost as compared to cleaning. Old soap seems to be quite a bit lower at titration than new soap, need to be able to compare my cost per wash and it’s starting to confuse me!
Thanks for any input.
No - pH will factor into your titration levels as well as other components of the chemical.

OurTown

Reaction score
Thanks for any input.

Each company should have a titration kit with starting points for each of their products.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
titration will compare alkalinity, so yes, you can use company A's titration kit to compare alkalinity to Company B's product. In my experience alkalinity has been a chief predictor of the effectiveness of touchfree products. However, there is also different blends of solvents and surfactants that could be more effective than others. The trick is to find the one that works with the lowest possible alkalinity. If company A's titrates at 15 drops and cleans as well as Company B's product that measures out at 20 drops I would opt for A's product (assuming cost is comparable)

RSF

Reaction score
Great, I’m seeing quite a difference in soap titration but not much if any in cleaning difference I figured it may be the makeup of the product that is causing the difference. I appreciate everyone’s input, that helps clear my thought process throughout this comparison
Thanks for your help!
Have a good weekend!

Eugene

Old Man
Reaction score
I have switched to JBS . In the past I have used Blue Coral , Kleen Rite ,CSI and tried a few others . JBS is cleaning the best I have every had . I don't use the Kleen Rite JBS stuff I get from the local Dist . It's on a new razor had a 20 year old LW 4000 that I replaced . JBS rep came and set it up .

dwolfe

Reaction score
McClean products . hi ph 100 pink tip 24 drops 51mls per car 40mls on cheaper package lo ph 200 orange tip 24mls per car drying agent 100 ceramic 30mls per car and ceramic 11mls per car coming out very nice so far both locations. One location water 32 grain but works well

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
McClean products . hi ph 100 pink tip 24 drops 51mls per car 40mls on cheaper package lo ph 200 orange tip 24mls per car drying agent 100 ceramic 30mls per car and ceramic 11mls per car coming out very nice so far both locations. One location water 32 grain but works well
Didn’t you just post that you switched to JBS from Simonize? I’m confused.

Regardless, are you using Hi pH followed by Lo pH?

Monte

Reaction score
So with your premium wash, and with the fact you are happy with clean and bling, what is your avg. cost/car with these JBS soaps?? Im currently using Quest with a HF low pH. ....3 sites in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon). PDQ 360plus