What's new

Smells fishy

MudMoney

Reaction score
I got an e-mail from a boiler inspection company to make an inspection of my boiler by their jurisdictional consultant. They list my insurance carrier as the party that is requesting the inspection. Called the insurance co they never heard of the company. My state boiler inspector was here in January and issued new license and expiration date of next year. My guess is this company is going thru public records to "scare" up business.Any owners here every had any experiences like this.Lets here your story

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Swampdonkey,

We did have the insurance company's independent contractor inspector try to say he came but never came ... a few years ago. Here is how I found out.

I got the add'l bill from the the state. I both called emailed the inspector's office immediately ... the receptionist did not believe that the guy never stopped.

The inspectors office got a bunch more similar calls so I did get an apology from the receptionist. Local Police Detective came to get a statement from me some time afterwards. I am not sure what the qualified inspector &/or the underwriter got by way of fines or jail time???

I hear what you are saying. You were wise to check into it immediately. You never know what kind of misleading dishonesty is coming around the corner it seems when a person is running a business now-a-days. I guess business owners need to stay on top of it before it gets out of hand!!!

6t7gto

Reaction score
I had an independent inspector check out my property two months ago.
He took a half dozen pictures and I received them from my insurance agent.
There were 6 items I had to address. One was a certified inspection of my boilers.
First time this has happened in 25 years.
Agent referred to it as a "loss control survey".
david

mac

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust anyone who called himself a jurisdictional consultant.