What's new

Small town wash profits???

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
Some numbers based on our little wash in rural Victoria, Australia (in Australian dollars).

- Town of about 1500, with probably 500 in surrounding district and some tourism
- 3 SS bays, two vacuums, 3 vending machines, 1 dogwash
- Total revenue approximately $85,000 per annum
- After expenses, all remaining money goes to pay off bank loan or reinvest into the business (not expecting to take any income from the business until the loan is paid off).
- No other car wash in town, but competitors about 25-30 minutes drive away.

Please note that Australia does not seem to have a strong car wash culture like the USA does, so a similar wash in North America may be considerably better than this. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Rubberducky

Reaction score
Well I've done more research on the town, Found out that the population is larger then I thought, theres 8000 people within 10 miles. Being that theres only one other drive through ss car wash I feel that it's really feasible. The area has a great mixture of hot, cold, snow and rain.
I have an accepted offer on the wash with an inspection condition. I'm going to head out this week and spend time at the wash and do a traffic count going through the wash now. I've looked at this from all angles and believe it will make money. Guess there's only one way to find out!

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
Well I've done more research on the town, Found out that the population is larger then I thought, theres 8000 people within 10 miles. Being that theres only one other drive through ss car wash I feel that it's really feasible. The area has a great mixture of hot, cold, snow and rain.
I have an accepted offer on the wash with an inspection condition. I'm going to head out this week and spend time at the wash and do a traffic count going through the wash now. I've looked at this from all angles and believe it will make money. Guess there's only one way to find out!
Good luck with, hope it works out for you.