What's new

Slugbuster vs Sensitron

1917virginia

Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite: slugbuster or sensortron?

Last edited:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Why are you going back to quarters?
I guess I should be more specific. I have always dispensed quarters in the changers, but had multi coin acceptors in the bays. I do dispense vacuum tokens at the autos so I use multi coin acceptors in the vacuums. But by taking quarters only in the bays saves time sorting out the 2-3 dollar coins that were inevitably finding their way into the system and jamming hoppers and counters. The single coin acceptors are just simple and reliable, and much less expensive. Within a few years I'll probably go cashless if I'm still in the biz.

1917virginia

Reaction score
I guess I should be more specific. I have always dispensed quarters in the changers, but had multi coin acceptors in the bays. I do dispense vacuum tokens at the autos so I use multi coin acceptors in the vacuums. But by taking quarters only in the bays saves time sorting out the 2-3 dollar coins that were inevitably finding their way into the system and jamming hoppers and counters. The single coin acceptors are just simple and reliable, and much less expensive. Within a few years I'll probably go cashless if I'm still in the biz.
Yes Quarters only, just keeps its simple. Thank you.

Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
If I were going Quarters only I’d go with a Slugbuster 1 P-47, if I were going to use Quarters and a Token I’d go with a Slugbuster II P-55EZ, If I were going to use Quarters, Tokens and a Dollar coin I’d use a Slugbuster III P-83EZ. Customer service and repair at Parker Engineering is one of the best in the industry.

TMoliver

Reaction score
Since I dispense tokens valued at a dollar, I use the X12 to accept quarters, dollars & my security token. Glad to separate them since 60%+ of my revenue is from coins. the balance is credit card usage. If i used the p83 i would accept my competitors quarter tokens and some of the arcade tokens that he is always complaining about.

Keno

Reaction score
The p83 doesn't differentiate security tokens vs other?