What's new

slugbuster 3

MudMoney

Reaction score
I had a slugbuster 3 overhauled at Parker Eng.With the mech in my hand and wired to vacuum,dollar coins pulse correctly.When I install mech in the vacuum,it treats dollar coin like a quarter.So it takes 5 dollars to start vacuum.Where do I look to solve this problem?

MEP001

Reaction score
I would try turning the quarter sensitivity down until it will reject quarters, then see if it still takes dollar coins as quarters.

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
If Mep's adjustment doesn't work call Parker engineering and they'll explain what to do. This happened to one of ours but it was so long ago I don't remember what the adjustment is! I remember it was a simple fix!

MEP001

Reaction score
Kevin Reilley said:
I remember it was a simple fix!
Yeah, it might just be the value of the dollar coin set wrong - I doubt it because default for that slot is four pulses, but they may have reset it. The test I described will confirm that.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Did you move the dollar coin to the first slot (A)? iirc the first slot is initially programmed for a quarter, the second for a $ token and the 3rd for a dollar coin. Anyway, check the programming, it might be that simple.

MudMoney

Reaction score
Lots of good advice,so I called Parker ENG this am,due to the close proximity of the coin mech to the transformer dollar coin is read as a quarter.I adjusted channel one counterclock wise slighty and it accepeted dollar coins,but rejected about half the quarters. I then adjusted channel 3 clockwise ,which is the dollar slot,and it began accepting quarters.Problem solved! My Thanks to Doug at Parker Engineering and forum members for their input.