What's new

slugbuster 2 taking more money to make it start

ANDYS

Reaction score
another problem have slugbuster it normally starts $2 but it taking $3 to make it start :confused:

ANDYS

Reaction score
Thanks diamondwash i have seen this sheet before but great information

i did not change any setting just the coinmech started acting funny yesterday :confused:

MEP001

Reaction score
Are your customers having trouble, or are you opening the coin door and dropping quarters through to test or rinse the bay when this happens? A Slugbuster II uses an infrared eye to see the coin pass through. It validates the coin electronically, but if sunlight shines on the eye it can't send a pulse credit.

If that's not the problem, swap the coin acceptor with another bay to see if the problem moves. The timer could be bad and not the acceptor.

semocarwasher

Reaction score
If you have the slugbuster that opens up to clear jams be sure the latch is closed properly. This typically will make it miss coins as they fall through. If it takes exactly $3.00 each time after checking this I think I would look at that timer. As mep said, easiest thing to do is to move to another bay and see if it follows.

Etowah

ANDYS

Reaction score
Are your customers having trouble, or are you opening the coin door and dropping quarters through to test or rinse the bay when this happens? A Slugbuster II uses an infrared eye to see the coin pass through. It validates the coin electronically, but if sunlight shines on the eye it can't send a pulse credit.

If that's not the problem, swap the coin acceptor with another bay to see if the problem moves. The timer could be bad and not the acceptor.
customers are having trouble i will switch the coin mech and try it again

Thanks

ANDYS

Reaction score
If you have the slugbuster that opens up to clear jams be sure the latch is closed properly. This typically will make it miss coins as they fall through. If it takes exactly $3.00 each time after checking this I think I would look at that timer. As mep said, easiest thing to do is to move to another bay and see if it follows.
Thanks for reply