What's new

Slow Chemical Transition Times

AquaAce

Reaction score
My chemical transition times in my self serve bays are very slow on my low pressure products. They have been since we built in 2022.

The manifolds are in the back room instead of in the attic above the bay. We are in Canada and the reason we put them in the back room was because our attic is not heated. Transition times are about 30 seconds. We currently run 3/8 hoses.

My question - would I see a significant improvement if I changed to 1/4” hoses, or should I skip trying that and relocate the manifolds?

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
My chemical transition times in my self serve bays are very slow on my low pressure products. They have been since we built in 2022.

The manifolds are in the back room instead of in the attic above the bay. We are in Canada and the reason we put them in the back room was because our attic is not heated. Transition times are about 30 seconds. We currently run 3/8 hoses.

My question - would I see a significant improvement if I changed to 1/4” hoses, or should I skip trying that and relocate the manifolds?
Build a trough. Insulate it. Run a loop from floor heat or self regulating heat tape inside it. Move the manifolds to above the boom and put everything inside the trough.

AquaAce

Reaction score
Build a trough. Insulate it. Run a loop from floor heat or self regulating heat tape inside it. Move the manifolds to above the boom and put everything inside the trough.
Is there a heat tape that you have used that you would recommend?