What's new

Site leasing advice

carwashireland

Reaction score
Hi all, I am about to embark on setting up a chain of touchless car wash centres all single bays with no ss but 3 vacs on exits. I am opening discussions with site owners but what do you guys normally negotiate in regards to the buying works. We will get 10 year leases and supply the washes and buildings but should we also put in the concrete pads and waste treatment with connection to sewer. Or try and get the landowner to do this and maybe increase the rent to cover their expenses?
Thanks......this is in Ireland

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I don't see how this investment makes sense with only a 10 year lease term.

mac

Reaction score
I can see lots of issues, even if you work out the leases. To do this without killing yourself you will need a good remote camera system and a machine with remote access. As you know with washes, they wait till Fri afternoon to fail. I have a system with this and it makes breakdowns a non issue. Be prepared for a lot more work than you guess.

carwashireland

Reaction score
We will have options to extend the leases and I am only looking at sites that are within an hour of my home. I hear you on the remote access Mac, that's a game changer in my book.