What's new

single vac bags for old vacs

lightfoot

Reaction score
I have a car wash built back in the 70's. About 4 of the vacs are original and use a single bag. They are round vacs (i haven't been able to find a brand name on them anywhere), about 18 inches in diameter. I used to order the single bags from Kleenrite, but they quit carrying them and can't tell me where to get them. The bags have a steel band which thread thru the sewn end of the bag (the open end) and is riveted together to form a circle and then they just snap in to place in a raised ring inside the vac about a foot above the door. Other than the bags, they are still in excellent condition (all stainless construction) so i can't see replacing the entire vac.

Does anyone here know where i can get these bags?

MEP001

Reaction score
They're probably either Monorail or D&S vacuums. If you post a picture of them here, I'm sure someone can identify them.

Another option would be to use a JE Adams 2-bag style. You'd need to make the hole in the top of the tank bigger and buy a few parts, but those bags are mostly self-cleaning.

lightfoot

Reaction score
They're probably either Monorail or D&S vacuums. If you post a picture of them here, I'm sure someone can identify them.

Another option would be to use a JE Adams 2-bag style. You'd need to make the hole in the top of the tank bigger and buy a few parts, but those bags are mostly self-cleaning.
Thanks for the reply!
I found out from the previous guy that most are likely D & S. I have an email to D & S but haven't heard back from them yet. If they have the bags, i'll just order a few extra, but if i end up having to cut bigger holes, is there a way you recommend? That 1/8 " stainless is some pretty hard stuff.:)

thanks again for the quick reply

lightfoot

Reaction score
I don't know why my last post didn't show up, but thanks for the reply!

lightfoot

Reaction score
thanks again Earl, just got the bags installed-perfect!