What's new

Single-Stall Laserwash Cost

C4talyst

Reaction score
New guy here. I'm just starting down this road and do plan to spend time reading old threads and familiarizing.

I'm interested in putting a single-stall automatic wash in a location here in VA. Wondering what my ballpark pricing would be to accomplish this. Assume I've already acquired the land and it's adjacent to electrical and water.

Thoughts?

I mention Laserwash because I've always thought they did a good job on my cars. Please get me started in the right direction.

C4talyst

Reaction score
That's a good bit more than I was expecting. Are Laserwash systems on the more expensive side of things? Appreciate the input!

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
What is an IBA and a PDQ tandem?
IBA is the trade abbreviation for In Bay Automatic which is what you are wanting to build. A PDQ Tandem is the friction machine we originally installed. You will need to do alot more reading to become more familiar with car wash terminology, etc.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The costs are considerable; site work, utilities connections, cement work for floors, building and fixtures and signs, equipment, permits, etc. You will also have to hire professionals: engineer, lawyer, etc.

I love seeing the expression on peoples' faces when I tell them what it costs to build a wash. They think it's $100k!

Eric H

Reaction score
That's a good bit more than I was expecting. Are Laserwash systems on the more expensive side of things? Appreciate the input!
People are usually shocked at how much it costs to build a wash. Out of curiosity, how much were you expecting?
PDQ (Laserwash) and Washworld are in the upper price range but as with all things, You get what you pay for. That extra $20k gets you A LOT of added value.
My competition seems to buy based on price. He bought new machines in when I installed my Washworld Razors in 2017. His machines don't have anywhere near the options I have and I see them working on his machines all of the time. I hope I never have to buy his sites, I don't want to own his headaches.

jfmoran

Reaction score
New guy here. I'm just starting down this road and do plan to spend time reading old threads and familiarizing.

I'm interested in putting a single-stall automatic wash in a location here in VA. Wondering what my ballpark pricing would be to accomplish this. Assume I've already acquired the land and it's adjacent to electrical and water.

Thoughts?

I mention Laserwash because I've always thought they did a good job on my cars. Please get me started in the right direction.

Feel free to reach out to me. We sell, install and service In-Bay Automatics in VA. We would be happy to help you through the whole process.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I think you can do it for closer to $500k, but prolly no less though.