What's new

Simple RO System

wader

Reaction score
I have been tossing this ideas around for a few years now and was wondering what you guys think of it.

I have no spot free system (RO). I cant help but think about a dishwasher, these have no RO system on them and my dishes come out looking great. I know that the drying has a lot to do with it but what about using something like a jet dry (something similar). I'm not talking about a wax but more of something that will sheet the water off.

Thoughts?

Wade

bigleo48

Reaction score
Wade,

Your 'jet dry' comparison is a drying agent (same kind of thing). Wax in an IBA is a misnomer as it is not wax, but the drying agent than prevents the water to adhere to the surface of the car, thus allowing the water to "sheet off".

Most Touchless IBAs around here do not have Spot Free final rinse (I do). My feeling is that you can get away without a spot free rinse if your drying agent and dryers work well. Adding the Spot Free rinse is a further insurance that the car won't have spots.

wader

Reaction score
OK so in my ss bays I have a wax, does anybody run a wax and a drying agent?

Does anyone use a drying agent and market it as "spot free"?

bigleo48

Reaction score
OK so in my ss bays I have a wax, does anybody run a wax and a drying agent?

Does anyone use a drying agent and market it as "spot free"?
The 'wax' you have in your SS bays is not wax. Wax is a paste and needs to be applied and buffed. A drying agent effect is gone within hours.

Spot free is not an drying agent.

But I guess you can call it whatever you want...that's why I consider marketing, professional lying :)

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Wax isn't always a paste it may also be found in a liquid form but that is splitting hairs. I have a pet peeve in labeling any car wash product a wax because it is indeed deceiving. While some sealants/protectants contain some of the same ingredients as a wax very, very few actually contain a wax and if they do it does not perform like a "traditional" wax product.

Years ago I worked for one of the major car wash chemical companies. There was a crusader named David Horowitz based mainly on the West Coast but syndicated throughout the nation that had a scathing report on how worthless most of the services at a car wash were. Unfortunately for us he used our company name in the piece. We contacted him, sent him information regarding the contents of our product line and I even talked to him personally. While he moderated his position he never aired his new view.

I prefer the use of the terms polish (to make smooth or glossy or a substance used to make something smooth or shiny - Encarta Dictionary Definitions) or sealant which implies sealing or providing protection. Some may call this no big deal but I think Leo has a point about marketing being professional lying. It also serves to give some credence to articles like AOL has from time to time that slam car washing as a sham.