What's new

Simple, reliable stainless steel workhorse? Any thoughts?

washnshine

Reaction score
Lastly, after 3x foam, as it goes forward & brushes, it rinses the 3x foam away before the brushes get to it. Seems like it would be better to spray the brushes only (not the car) during this time...?
I’ve seen Rykos do this for years and never understood why.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are asking about a "jog" feature. Your machine does the rear arm oscillation where it allows one arm to move out, while the other moves in. When this happens, it will move forward for a couple of seconds before it backs away and switches to the other arm. You should have that already setup.

Magnum Force are the HP options used on the MacNeil tunnels (and the Softgloss Mini Express conveyors). I don't remember if your machine has the HP side blaster option, or if you currently have wheel scrubbers. Yes, you could switch to the HP sides and those do have 0 degree nozzles.

On the current machines that have the FX5U PLC and new HMI touchscreen, those are running software we call "Washbuilder" where you can modify the order of different passes that occur during the wash. Unfortunately, the older machines don't have that flexibility. The sequences are hard codes to where they can't really be changed.

For the trifoam question, you can increase the distance that the trifoam (or foam bath) stay on so it brings it further forward when travelling from rear to front. That won't completely prevent it from being "rinsed", but it may help. When the brushes are spinning, we switch over to "wash water" which includes detergent. While it does wash away some of the trifoam, it's still spraying detergent on the vehicle to help lubricate the brushes during the brush sequences.

soonermajic

Reaction score
"Jog" was a feature telked about on here, but actually not by an owner. So what do i need to do, to get a lil better back end clean(besides new brushes)?
I don't have brushes, I have hp whell/Tire blasters. So i will switch to 0° nozzles. Any way for the spray pattern to be a lil smaller? I only want the Wheel portion of the side blasters changed out...i guess that's ok?
Mine was installed just mos before Wash builder was annoption. Dadgum
Hopefully Rusty can do EVERYTHING i want done, in 1 quick trip, as it's a dang 3 hr drive

DiamondWash

Reaction score
On the SoftGloss Maxx 5, the newly designed Magnum HP on-board Wheel Blaster is what I saw on the latest promotion.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Well, the Ryko tech in Dallas told me it was part of a spray arch & was $15,000!!! Wth is goin on? I need some answers, cause he's supposed to come tomorrow!
On the SoftGloss Maxx 5, the newly designed Magnum HP on-board Wheel Blaster is what I saw on the latest promotion.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Yeah guys, I looked back at my notes and the tech used the word oscillate instead of jog to describe the ryko function on the back. My apologies for the confusion. The term jog must have been used by another vendor. Would like to see a unit configured with all the bells and whistles and watch it clean.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
The pump stand is Magnum HP. It's not available as a retrokit for older machines. It only works with the SGMX5 with WashBuilder.

soonermajic

Reaction score
The pump stand is Magnum HP. It's not available as a retrokit for older machines. It only works with the SGMX5 with WashBuilder.
Well that's crap.
Can you @ least change out the nozzles to allow for more expungement? If so, any suggestions on what nozzles to use?

washnshine

Reaction score
Well that's crap.
Can you @ least change out the nozzles to allow for more expungement? If so, any suggestions on what nozzles to use?
Don’t know if you can, but turbos would be my choose for wheels.