What's new

Simonize Hot Wax equivalents

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I'm actually looking at adding one of the various hot 'carnauba' wax products in my in-bay automatic. What I'm looking for is anyone who has tried or compared any of the various Simonize knock offs or the Simonize product itself. If you could share which product you've tried and the things you liked or disliked about it I would greatly appreciate it. I know the 'show' will be greatly influenced by the application equipment used. Beyond providing visual 'sizzle', what real benefits if any are you finding? I have been through several tunnels offering the 'hot wax' through a bubblizer and honestly, besides it looking cool, I don't notice any long term difference. It actually didn't look like it provided any kind of extra 'break'. I washed my truck the same day in a wand bay with rinse and it simply layed on my hood, totally flat like there was no wax at all?

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Understand product. What problem does hot wax solve?

1) Provides $3.00 or $4.00 express wash an online product to increase average sales.

2) Provides protection with better finish qualities than drying agent because it contains little bit of wax or wax-like substance.

Get past the “bubblizer.”

Pet stores keep more fish per gallon of water in aquarium because tank is sales display and storage for inventory.

More fish to gallons is achieved by more oxygen. Place air line in tank connected to pumice stone which diffuses air into small streams containing hundreds of little bubbles that create more area, more rapidly, to transfer oxygen to water than does one stream of large bubbles.

Diffuser and colored lights create “lava” which has no additive effect in terms of protecting paint.

Does it work?

If you read MSDS, products contain similar ingredients that impart qualities. Online products that “protect” do so by manipulating electrical charges and increasing contact angle on surface.

Lava contain proprietary surfactant blend to create foam and some detergent grade alcohol as solvent.

“Protection” and longevity comes from, say, polydimethylsiloxane, silicon-based organic polymer, creates hydrophobic properties (beading water).

Some products contain bit of carnauba which imparts smoothness, wet-look and hydrophobic whereas some products will contain amine salts that mimic wax smoothness and shiny look.

So, if you bought hot wax and it doesn’t bead, mostly like you visited a wash where owner cut back on product until it just makes bubbles. LOL

Touch-less would pose an issue because you can’t get shiny and dry until you get a clean car. For example, touch-less usually leaves behind a film on paint like the eyebrow on a windshield.

If you apply hot wax on top of this, it won’t work as well or as for long as if the product was applied on clean paint.

The reason is dirt has a much lower contact angle than paint.

newtunnel

Reaction score
We hand dry our $15 and $19 and I can feel the difference between rain x and the Hot Wax. Customers love it too!!!! Yep it costs a lot but I would never remove it from our wash.

Rfl6543

Reaction score
Great Reply, Education is a great tool. Love the information 1) Provides $3.00 or $4.00 express wash an online product to increase average sales.

2) Provides protection with better finish qualities than drying agent because it contains little bit of wax or wax-like substance.

Get past the “bubblizer.”

Pet stores keep more fish per gallon of water in aquarium because tank is sales display and storage for inventory.

More fish to gallons is achieved by more oxygen. Place air line in tank connected to pumice stone which diffuses air into small streams containing hundreds of little bubbles that create more area, more rapidly, to transfer oxygen to water than does one stream of large bubbles.

Diffuser and colored lights create “lava” which has no additive effect in terms of protecting paint.

Does it work?

If you read MSDS, products contain similar ingredients that impart qualities. Online products that “protect” do so by manipulating electrical charges and increasing contact angle on surface.

Lava contain proprietary surfactant blend to create foam and some detergent grade alcohol as solvent.

“Protection” and longevity comes from, say, polydimethylsiloxane, silicon-based organic polymer, creates hydrophobic properties (beading water).

Some products contain bit of carnauba which imparts smoothness, wet-look and hydrophobic whereas some products will contain amine salts that mimic wax smoothness and shiny look.

So, if you bought hot wax and it doesn’t bead, mostly like you visited a wash where owner cut back on product until it just makes bubbles. LOL

Touch-less would pose an issue because you can’t get shiny and dry until you get a clean car. For example, touch-less usually leaves behind a film on paint like the eyebrow on a windshield.

If you apply hot wax on top of this, it won’t work as well or as for long as if the product was applied on clean paint.

The reason is dirt has a much lower contact angle than paint.[/QUOTE]