What's new

Simoniz vs. Mothers

soapy

Reaction score
In the JUly Motor Trend magazine on page 23 Simoniz has a ad showing the entrance to a carwash with the tag line " Gateway to Heaven". It goes on to explain the benefits of using a professional car wash. At the bottom of the ad the tag line is "Professional Car Washes Passion... Delivered. It is nice to have a car care company place a positive ad for our industry not like the low lifes at MOTHERS who just trash our industry with their ads. Cudos to Simoniz thumbs down to Mothers!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree that a car care products manufacturers should promote professional carwashes. It's the right way to wash the car on many levels. Common sense dictates that. Unfortunately, many Americans looking to save a dollar still think an hour or 2 with the garden hose in the drivaway with a bucket of Dawn suds is 'saving money'.

That said, it is sad that many carwashes continue to offer a low standard of service/quality via low psi, weak product concentrations and poorly maintained facilities. Just today a regular customer of mine was saying how 'above and beyond' my psi, soaps, cleanliness, are. IMO, I offer adequate serivce/quality, but I would offer much more to my customers and intend to once my finances match my desires.

In many areas nationwide, the 'norm', unfortunately, falls far short of the standards possessed by many operators who frequent industry forums such as this one.

Perhaps these facts are what Mothers focused on with their ill-conceived bashing of commercial carwashing in general.

I guess I just prefer Mothers Wax to Simoniz. Maybe I need to try Simoniz wax, since they support my business model more than Mothers does.

Opinions???

MEP001

Reaction score
soapy said:
It is nice to have a car care company place a positive ad for our industry not like the low lifes at MOTHERS who just trash our industry with their ads.
Keep in mind that Simoniz makes chemicals for professional car washes; Mother's doesn't.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, that's an obvious motivation to downgrade vs. exhalt pro carwashes.

However, as JJJ would likely agreee to, the professional carwash is the best place to wash a car.

It's the best for the planet and your wallet if you realize that time is money.

soapy

Reaction score
Unlike Mothers and others who pat themselves on the back all the time the Simoniz ad barely identified who paid for it. It was a pat on the back for the professional car wash industry not for Simoniz.

jfmoran

Reaction score
Slow Down

While I agree that their add is better than what Mothers does, let us not forget that Simoniz plays on both sides of the street. They license plenty of products and equipment, some sold by infomercial to the DIY crowd for home driveway washing and detailing. They may not be bashing the professional side of the business like Mother's but they are offering products and services directly to what is still your biggest competitor, the DIY'er.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that Mothers made a mistake in their ad bashing pro carwashes.

Maybe they need to redeem themselves with a new ad campaign ???