What's new

Simoniz "Vision Clear"

soonermajic

Reaction score
Has anybody on here used "Vision Clear", by Simoniz, in lieu of Rain X?
Looking for some thoughts....RainX is just so fang expensive

mac

Reaction score
Something else about Rainx, at least here in south FL, is the stuff would jell up on a regular basis. No factory support so just stopped selling it.

washnshine

Reaction score
Has anybody on here used "Vision Clear", by Simoniz, in lieu of Rain X?
Looking for some thoughts....RainX is just so fang expensive
Wanted to try but back when I was using Simoniz and asked a Simoniz rep about it with respect to comparing it to rain X.

He said it is generally used more and marketed as just a glass treatment - they have arches in tunnels that target the glass more and not so much the rest of the car. Sure - it gets on the whole car, but according to him, it is not the same type of Tvp protectant as Rain x. Simoniz already has hot wax, double bond, and ceramic sealer and about 15 other sealers- so they really developed this to target glass and be marked to do just that.

I think there are a lot of great options out there - I am using Quest Total Shield Extreme which is the best I have ever used. That plus shine on with Vantagloss gives stunning results.
Quest also has Total Shield- no extreme and Total Shield TF , which would be less expensive alternatives, but probably sacrifice longevity.

Samurai Shield is a great suggestion too. I have tried that in the past. Used to use Lustrashield too - pretty good also.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Wanted to try but back when I was using Simoniz and asked a Simoniz rep about it with respect to comparing it to rain X.

He said it is generally used more and marketed as just a glass treatment - they have arches in tunnels that target the glass more and not so much the rest of the car. Sure - it gets on the whole car, but according to him, it is not the same type of Tvp protectant as Rain x. Simoniz already has hot wax, double bond, and ceramic sealer and about 15 other sealers- so they really developed this to target glass and be marked to do just that.

I think there are a lot of great options out there - I am using Quest Total Shield Extreme which is the best I have ever used. That plus shine on with Vantagloss gives stunning results.
Quest also has Total Shield- no extreme and Total Shield TF , which would be less expensive alternatives, but probably sacrifice longevity.

Samurai Shield is a great suggestion too. I have tried that in the past. Used to use Lustrashield too - pretty good also.
Quite honestly, as someone said on an earlier thread, how long do you actually want it to last? Ha.
I ordered Vision Shield, & am gonna give it a try....

washnshine

Reaction score
Quite honestly, as someone said on an earlier thread, how long do you actually want it to last? Ha.
Right - that is probably why Quest has the 3 versions - it depends what you are looking for in performance.

But from my understanding with the vision Clear, it is not that it does or does not last, it is that you won’t get the results on the paint - the shine and smooth feeling, because it is formulated specifically for glass. But let us know, I never tried it. That could just be rep. Talk.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
{ have Rain X. at my 4 Tunnels. The main reason I use this instead of another brand is name recognition. Few car care products today have this recognition. (This may vary with demographics) One would be Armor All. If I have a vending machine with Armor All tire Shine and a competing product Like Black Jack that may be superior the Armor All outsells it 10 to 1.

soonermajic

Reaction score

How much is 5gal of Total Shield & TS Extreme?

washnshine

Reaction score
I think around $175 for the TS extreme - in that ballpark. Never bought the TS regular so not sure, but obviously cheaper. But keep in mind coach, it is not just drum/pail cost. Dilution ratio is huge. TS extreme goes on at 1:120 at its strongest. . When I was looking into Vision Clear, it was 1:60 at its strongest.

traveler17

Reaction score
I added TS 3x concentrate beginning of March and wish I tried sooner. Love it , customers noticed big difference, lasts longer than any other wax I’ve tried and smells great

washnshine

Reaction score
Did you try the Vision Clear coach? Any thoughts on it?

washnshine

Reaction score
I may return my Vision Clear, for Total Shield...
Total shield extreme is amazing. Make sure you have thorough coverage because if you miss an area or it runs down and doesn’t fully cover the paint, you will see a difference. That’s how good it is.

Etowah