What's new

Simoniz Ultra

Jerry33

Reaction score
Simoniz Ultra U390005 is advertised as a high 13.2 PH soap. Several people have suggested it is a better additive to the Correct and the Kleen-rite Ultra products than Simoniz Foamy Additive, which I've used for years. So what exactly does the high PH do as a cleaning additive. Is it different that say the Kleen-rite Vanilla Ultra, which someone said is made by Simoniz. I've had no problems with the Foamy Additive but wonder if I am into dangerous territory by mixing these chemicals if one is "high PH" and the other, Correct, is also advertised as an alkaline soap? Thanks

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I don't have trouble mixing two alkalines together. You do want to make sure that the surfactants are compatible.

legal disclaimer: I made a C in chemistry.

washnshine

Reaction score
Simoniz Ultra U390005 is advertised as a high 13.2 PH soap. Several people have suggested it is a better additive to the Correct and the Kleen-rite Ultra products than Simoniz Foamy Additive, which I've used for years. So what exactly does the high PH do as a cleaning additive. Is it different that say the Kleen-rite Vanilla Ultra, which someone said is made by Simoniz. I've had no problems with the Foamy Additive but wonder if I am into dangerous territory by mixing these chemicals if one is "high PH" and the other, Correct, is also advertised as an alkaline soap? Thanks
I’ve seen Ultra as the hi pH part of a hi/lo pH setup, but never as an additive. There are a bunch of operators around me using one pass of Simoniz Touchless (lo pH) followed by one pass of Ultra (hi pH). Results seem pretty good from what I have seen.

washnshine

Reaction score
I’ve seen Ultra as the hi pH part of a hi/lo pH setup, but never as an additive. There are a bunch of operators around me using one pass of Simoniz Touchless (lo pH) followed by one pass of Ultra (hi pH). Results seem pretty good from what I have seen.
Correction / sorry - I meant
Touchless followed by Plus. I am not familiar with Ultra. Got mixed up. Haven’t used Simoniz products in a while.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I use the Ultra w/ Correct. Foams a lil better, lil cheaper & seems to clean a lil better...