What's new

Simoniz Tire Shiner settings

captain cw

Reaction score
For all of you experts with the Simoniz tire shiner, what do you have your flojet air pressures set at for the chemical injection. I am using the pad perfect from Simoniz. It seems like I'm leaving way to much on the ground and it's a real booger to keep the floor clean. Also, any suggestions on keeping the floor clean would be appreciated. thanks

bonanza1

Reaction score
For all of you experts with the Simoniz tire shiner, what do you have your flojet air pressures set at for the chemical injection. I am using the pad perfect from Simoniz. It seems like I'm leaving way to much on the ground and it's a real booger to keep the floor clean. Also, any suggestions on keeping the floor clean would be appreciated. thanks
I made a pvc tube mounted to the top of the arms let the product drip into the top of the pads 100 percent better,and uses less produdt and less mess.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
There is no standard pressure, as every installation is different. You need to apply around 1/2 to 1 oz of product per tire.(1-2 ounces per side). Use a measuring cup to see how much product you are applying. Do one side at a time. Turn off the product to the side you are not measuring. Put the suction line for the side you are measuring into the measuring cup full of product. Cycle the tire shiner and and see how much product is being applied. Adjust the pump pressure regulator until desired amount is drawn each time the unit cycles.(1-2 ounces). Repeat for the other side. Make sure and open all the valves after you get the desired amount of product on each side. monitor often for best results. For even better results, stop using pad perfect and switch to Online Tire dressing from Zep. Good luck.:)

Chiefs

Reaction score
A big factor in determining how much and what pressure you should be using on the tire shiner is the percentage of customer receiving tire shine. The lower the percentage, the higher the setting and vice versa. Since we put it on 100% of the cars we wash, we use just one pulse and only 30# of pressure. Our cost per car is around 14 cents a car. We get our tire shine from ECOLAB and they give us free pads every 4th drum. We change pads about 6-7 times per year.

MikeV

Reaction score
I just got sme replacement pads from KR. They look a little different from the old pads that are on the unit. The new ones have an angled (45degree) edge. The old ones had holes that the product sprayed thru and flat edges. How do these install?
Thanks.