What's new

Simoniz "Correct" Soap

CarWashGuy316

Reaction score
Anyone using this soap? I am not very happy with it. I was using Kim Supply in Kansas City for my soap but they went out of business and are now Kleen Rite. Kleen Rite recommended me this soap but I've had some complaint from my customers. Im only 3 years into the business and would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

CarWashGuy316

Reaction score
Self Serve. Just feel that my cleaning power has went down from what I previously had. Low Suds. Customer Complaints.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
Self Serve. Just feel that my cleaning power has went down from what I previously had. Low Suds. Customer Complaints.
I have no opinion on the soap you are asking about. But when I hear terms like low suds, the first thing I think of is water softness. Have you checked that lately?

Randy

Reaction score
Simoniz Correct is a more of a inbay Pre-soak than a self-serve soap, it has very little if any surfactant in it, the surfactant is what makes it foam. If you want it to foam mix in about ½ gallon of Simoniz Foamer KR Part #: GL0235, that’ll make foam. What size tip are you using in your Hydrominder? We use JBS Fonic for both High Pressure soap and Foam brush and we use Kleen-rite Super Wash KRWW50 as the Pre-soak. We use a “T” on the suction side of the Hydrominder to add a little Presoak to the Fonic to give it a little more bite. You could also get a MSDS for soap that you were using from Kim supply and compare it to other products.

washnshine

Reaction score
Being a powder, it will naturally foam less than a liquid. I know operators who use foam additives to help boost the foaming qualities of products like this.

washnshine

Reaction score
Just saw Randy’s response - sorry for the repetition.

CarWashGuy316

Reaction score
Simoniz Correct is a more of a inbay Pre-soak than a self-serve soap, it has very little if any surfactant in it, the surfactant is what makes it foam. If you want it to foam mix in about ½ gallon of Simoniz Foamer KR Part #: GL0235, that’ll make foam. What size tip are you using in your Hydrominder? We use JBS Fonic for both High Pressure soap and Foam brush and we use Kleen-rite Super Wash KRWW50 as the Pre-soak. We use a “T” on the suction side of the Hydrominder to add a little Presoak to the Fonic to give it a little more bite. You could also get a MSDS for soap that you were using from Kim supply and compare it to other products.
Thank you randy that really helps me out l. Believe I’m just gonna switch soaps as I’m down to my last box anyway

jasonHTCW

Reaction score
Not familiar with this product. We currently use Blue Coral High Alkaline Presoak all year long and have not noticed any issues.

Blue Coral® Cherry Red Foam ProLine
Blue Coral® Mega Foam Blue ProLine
Blue Coral® Paradise Foam Shampoo
Blue Coral® AHS Lo pH 1100
Blue Coral® Super Concentrated Wheel & Tire Cleaner
Blue Coral® Cold Wax
Blue Coral® Touch-Free Booster
Rain-X® Online Protectant
ArmorAll Professional® Extreme Shine Wax™
Black Magic® Tire Wet
Blue Coral® AHS Foam Soap
Blue Coral® H D Alkaline Presoak

Last edited:

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been combining my Correct powder with Foam Additive and Simoniz Ultra. The effect is very good and I do not really get complaints.

Randy

Reaction score
I've been combining my Correct powder with Foam Additive and Simoniz Ultra. The effect is very good and I do not really get complaints.
Waxman, At what ratio do you mix these products?

soapy

Reaction score
Correct powder has a light foam additive and surfactant. With a little foam booster it makes a very effective presoak in a IBA. I use Blue Coral Westleys SS for my high pressure SS soap.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i use 1.5 gal each of foam add. and ultra. 1 50lb box of correct and 55 gal hot water.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I gave up on powder Years ago. I never found it to clean appreciably better than even rinse water. Maybe it is my local soil conditions. I use Quest Blast Off liquid- 5 gallons might last a couple of Months or even longer. As long as the suds are good no one complains.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I gave up on powder Years ago. I never found it to clean appreciably better than even rinse water. Maybe it is my local soil conditions. I use Quest Blast Off liquid- 5 gallons might last a couple of Months or even longer. As long as the suds are good no one complains.
Is that Blast Off for your SS bays, or what? If IBA, Touchless or friction& then what/when, dwell, etc?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Is that Blast Off for your SS bays, or what? If IBA, Touchless or friction& then what/when, dwell, etc?
Blast Off for HP soap in SS bays. Touch free presoak I use dissolv-it or Marvel boosted with NaOH, followed by pass two of triton low ph

Sharpshine

Reaction score
What size tip are you using for the fonic for high pressure soap? Are you mixing it with water or just using it straight?

Randy

Reaction score
What size tip are you using for the fonic for high pressure soap? Are you mixing it with water or just using it straight?
I mix a 5 gallon pail of the Fonic with 10 gallons of water like it says on the side of the container. I think use a Yellow or Brown tip on the High pressure soap and I use a Yellow tip on my Foam brush. Tip sizes really depend on your water quality