What's new

Simoniz Break Dance???

MEP001

Reaction score
For that price I'd be surprised if it has any scent or show.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Since it's under "Drying Agent" it would be an item not typicaly used for show or scent.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
okay, so it sounds like nothing special.

but has anyone actually tried it?

Last edited:

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Don’t have to try it because active ingredients tell the tale.

Drying agent containing mineral seal oil imparts contact angle of around 80 degrees on surface regardless of brand or product name.

I forgot. Break Dance also contains ammonium salts to enhance gloss, smoothness and anti-static properties like most drying agents.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
isn't the 'show' of a drying agent the water break effect? from what it says here, the product will dry, enhance gloss and smoothness. so why are you guys dissing it without even having tried it???

the reasons for the question are perfectly legit, especially since some chemical companies feel fine quoting prices ( from local mfg) that are fully TWICE what Kleen Rite charges for the same product.

MEP001

Reaction score
When you asked about show, I would assume you mean foam or color that makes it more appealing for the customer to watch going on their vehicle. What it actually accomplishes by being applied is something else.

No one is dissing it - if it does what it claims, it's fine, but it's cheap because it has no flash. Do the other products that cost twice as much have any foam or color or fragrance to them, or maybe some level of actual protection to the vehicle, or are they really the exact same blend of chemicals at twice the price?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When you asked about show, I would assume you mean foam or color that makes it more appealing for the customer to watch going on their vehicle. What it actually accomplishes by being applied is something else.

No one is dissing it - if it does what it claims, it's fine, but it's cheap because it has no flash. Do the other products that cost twice as much have any foam or color or fragrance to them, or maybe some level of actual protection to the vehicle, or are they really the exact same blend of chemicals at twice the price?
MSDS says cherry scent, so that is present as part of the 'show'.

The beading action is show IMO. I'm using Hp wax in the IBA, so there isn't a color or foaminess I'm looking for. I need beading action and gloss and scent.

I was referring to an exact wax product.$400 / 30 gal. barrel quoted and same EXACT product in a 55 from KR is $396.

You may not think it's a dis, but if you've never tried it, how do you know how it does or does not work???

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Beading is function of contact angle product imparts on surface among other things.

Mineral seal oil is common active ingredient in many drying agents. It imparts angle of about 80 degrees. Beading effect is about same as water drops on human skin.

“….from what it says here, the product will dry, enhance gloss and smoothness.”

Sure, all drying agents dry and enhance gloss and smoothness comes from salts.

Silicone is an active ingredient in some tri-foam, clearcoat and imparts angle of about 90 degrees. So, beading effect is much greater than mineral seal oil also costs more.

Rain-x online, ICE, etc. imparts angle of about 100 degrees and beads up like crazy and costs more.

Difference in price per gallon is due to position in value chain.

$400 is most likely local or regional supplier shipping smaller quantities and volume versus KR which is national supplier that ships larger quantities, higher volume and lower prices.

Same dynamic exists between local hardware store and Home Depot.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
so silicone is better, okay.

and regardless of any micro economics argument, 100% more per drum is gouging.

BCWS

Reaction score
In my opinion good beading and nice scent from this product. Gloss effect not so much.