What's new

Simomiz Hot Wax

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I refuse to use any product that contains carnuba wax in an online application. Carnuba sticks to wiper blades and glass causing a smeary mess on the customers windsheild the first time it rains. It is really bad at night when the customer turns on their wipers and they can't see a thing. I use a scented foamy polymer wax in my Hot wax application.

washnshine

Reaction score
I refuse to use any product that contains carnuba wax in an online application. Carnuba sticks to wiper blades and glass causing a smeary mess on the customers windsheild the first time it rains. It is really bad at night when the customer turns on their wipers and they can't see a thing. I use a scented foamy polymer wax in my Hot wax application.
I have used Simoniz hot wax for about 5 years and my personal cars have it applied almost daily. I have never seen any trace of wiper smearing with this product - just the opposite the water beads up and is easily blown or wiped off the windshield when it rains.

I did have some lower end drying agents create smearing, but they were products that had mineral seal oil in them and I switched them out. Not once have I seen or had a complaint about Simoniz hot wax causing that problem. I don't even think the amount of carnauba is that significant in many of these products.

The only reason I ever hear operators want to try something else once they start using it is because of the price, but not the performance.

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
I have used Simoniz hot wax for about 5 years and my personal cars have it applied almost daily. I have never seen any trace of wiper smearing with this product - just the opposite the water beads up and is easily blown or wiped off the windshield when it rains.

I did have some lower end drying agents create smearing, but they were products that had mineral seal oil in them and I switched them out. Not once have I seen or had a complaint about Simoniz hot wax causing that problem. I don't even think the amount of carnauba is that significant in many of these products.

The only reason I ever hear operators want to try something else once they start using it is because of the price, but not the performance.

I agree, i have had nothing but compliments on the simoniz hot wax since adding it. To me it is the only product i have seen applied to a car that you can see feel and smell afterwards. I describe the way the car feels after having hot wax applied as similar to detail claying a car.....