What's new

Sign for Nayax for SS

LAF

Reaction score
I am installing Nayax count up in my SS- Nayax doesn't have any prepared signage. Does anyone have signs they can share, so that I can get signs made?

Randy

Reaction score
Your going to have to have them custom made. Any fast sign outlet should be able to make them for you or a local sign shop. Post some pictures of your install. I've seen USA Tech card readers in the bays years ago but have seen Nayax yet.

LAF

Reaction score
Your going to have to have them custom made. Any fast sign outlet should be able to make them for you or a local sign shop. Post some pictures of your install. I've seen USA Tech card readers in the bays years ago but have seen Nayax yet.
Yes I am going to get them custom made, I am just not quite sure how to word the signs, since it isn't up and running yet. Nayax doesn't have anything. UGH.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can always post your ideas here and get suggestions. It would help to know how Nayax works too. Do you just swipe and wash like Cryptopay or do you have to select an amount you want as credit on the timer?

Randy

Reaction score
You’re pretty much on uncharted ground. I don't know of anyone installing Nayax card readers in a S/S bay,Nayax and USA Tech there reader/system is pretty much made for the vending industry. The car wash that had the USA Tech card readers in the bays is gone now. We have successfully installed USA Tach card readers on bill chargers

LAF

Reaction score
You can always post your ideas here and get suggestions. It would help to know how Nayax works too. Do you just swipe and wash like Cryptopay or do you have to select an amount you want as credit on the timer?
here is a link to a simple demo, dont have much more info than this.

Randy

Reaction score
Interesting. Which model Nayax card reader is that? Have you got one installed in a coin box yet?

MEP001

Reaction score
I'd keep the instructions as simple as possible. Swipe or tap card, wash as long as you like, press red X to end transaction. Don't use the word "STOP" or you'll have people turning the switch to STOP or, as I've had people do, press the STOP label on the door for the switch.

A separate sign or area on the door that explains a hold on debit cards is always a good idea. If Nayax works like most other systems, customers that use debit will immediately see a charge for the pre-approval on their account instead of what they actually spent.

LAF

Reaction score
Interesting. Which model Nayax card reader is that? Have you got one installed in a coin box yet?
VPOS touch- getting installed right now. Yes it is installed on the box.

OurTown

Reaction score
Is this going to be installed under a cover? It looks too fragile to be installed in a bay. (or anywhere outside)

cooll903

Reaction score

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Here’s a short video of LAF’s Nayax VPOS installation.

First impressions...
Nice instructional animation for non-techie customers. Younger folks just automatically know how they work.
Very fast authorization via built-in cellular radio. (Strong AT&T service in the area)
Accepts all the usual credit/debit cards and ApplePay-SamsungPay.
Dixmor’s LED6 timer interfaces with one wire...And displays scrolling money spent.
The VPOS touchscreen could use a larger “STOP” button...IMHO.

The rotary switch STOP decals will soon be replaced with OFF decals...thanks Mep001.

Randy, there is one interface cable and the cellular antenna inside the coin box. The VPOS is secured to the faceplate with 4 screws. They require no space inside the coin box.

Attachments

OurTown

Reaction score
The rotary switch STOP decals will soon be replaced with OFF decals...thanks Mep001.

What about naming it "neutral"? It is something that lately I have been thinking of calling it.

MEP001

Reaction score
What about naming it "neutral"? It is something that lately I have been thinking of calling it.
I would use "Idle" instead, but IMO "Off" makes more sense.
Or even "Pause".
If I were to see "Pause" on the switch, I would think it would pause the timer.

What about nothing, either a blank spot, or no "Stop" at all? When I was a distributor we built a car wash around 1996-1998 and the customer wanted both a low-pressure wax and a high-pressure wax. At the time there was no 10-position rotary switch, so I used an 8-position 3-stack switch, tied all the third layer outputs together and ran them through a small SPDT relay which got its switched input directly from the timer. This made "Stop" an 8th function. It's still operating this way. No one turns the switch to "Stop" with time left anyway.

Randy

Reaction score
I get calls every now and then from a PO'd customer who thinks that when they put the rotary switch on "STOP" the timer should stop counting down. When I explain that it stops the equipment and not the timer they get really PO'd. Most say they'll never come back, my reply is "please don't break y heart" and hang up.

MEP001

Reaction score
I get calls every now and then from a PO'd customer who thinks that when they put the rotary switch on "STOP" the timer should stop counting down.
Which is why I made it work that way on the first CC system I had my hands on.