What's new

Sierra Site Server with wash select pay stations

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
I bought my wash in June of this year. It came with wash select II and sierra site server. The owner really didn't know or use any of the features in there besides setting up one Fleet account and few free wash codes.
I know this system can do so much more but I'm not sure where to go to get training. There are only a few videos on the DRB website.

Does anybody on here use the Sierra Site Server and have any tips for me?

Thank you

Wash4Life

Reaction score
One of our washes uses them. We were shown how to use them from Washtech (now under the Sonny's umbrella) what to do. I believe Unitec makes them. I'd try them.

Eric H

Reaction score
Unitec has some YouTube videos that will show how to set up accounts etc but the videos are mostly worthless. I think they just had an intern make them.

JAGraff

Reaction score
I bought my wash in June of this year. It came with wash select II and sierra site server. The owner really didn't know or use any of the features in there besides setting up one Fleet account and few free wash codes.
I know this system can do so much more but I'm not sure where to go to get training. There are only a few videos on the DRB website.

Does anybody on here use the Sierra Site Server and have any tips for me?

Thank you
Do you have a distributor? If so, they would be an excellent source. Also, the site has some advanced online training available that you can request: https://drb.com/support_training/in-bay/training_overview/request_advanced_training

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I recently installed 2 new Unitec Portal Ti's with the Sierra Site Server and the C-WashPal and I've been playing around with the different features of it.

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
Do you have a distributor? If so, they would be an excellent source. Also, the site has some advanced online training available that you can request: https://drb.com/support_training/in-bay/training_overview/request_advanced_training
I contacted the distributor and they really haven't been much help.
I just signed up for the advanced training so hopefully thats helpful. The online videos are pretty basic and I have learned those.

Thank you for your response!
Tony

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
Unitec has some YouTube videos that will show how to set up accounts etc but the videos are mostly worthless. I think they just had an intern make them.
yes I had found these but they are pretty useless. I know this system has to have more functionality than these basic things. I have signed up for some advanced training so we will see what happens.

Thank you

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
Where did you get your education on this? I have been reading everything and it seems I can do so much with it but currently the only things I am doing with are fleet accounts and free wash codes.

I really want to be able to sell wash bundles like by X and get X free. Do you do this?

slash007

Reaction score
Crazy story, but I flew down to Texas a few years ago to buy some Tire Shine units. Was there for just a few hours, but I visited a wash while there and they had Unitec pay stations. I hung out there for a couple hours and noticed they had bundles setup. The owner was there and was kind enough to show my how to do them. It is in the manual somewhere, but done in a way you would never think of. Been so long I don't think I even remember how lol. You have to setup things in a few different areas, but overall not that bad. I'm sure Unitec can walk you through it if you schedule a call with them.

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
Crazy story, but I flew down to Texas a few years ago to buy some Tire Shine units. Was there for just a few hours, but I visited a wash while there and they had Unitec pay stations. I hung out there for a couple hours and noticed they had bundles setup. The owner was there and was kind enough to show my how to do them. It is in the manual somewhere, but done in a way you would never think of. Been so long I don't think I even remember how lol. You have to setup things in a few different areas, but overall not that bad. I'm sure Unitec can walk you through it if you schedule a call with them.
Thank you. Yes you are right about several steps by I get confused by the manual. LOL I scheduled a call with Unitec 2 weeks ago and they haven't replied. I will try again after I get back from the show in Vegas.
Thank you so much!

JAGraff

Reaction score

Touchless

Reaction score
I have a Unitec Portal TI+ and I just set up bundles on it the other day (already had a couple of customers purchase them!). I'm attaching the instructions for you that I received from my distributor, they are easy to follow and much better than what is in the Manual.

Attachments

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
I have a Unitec Portal TI+ and I just set up bundles on it the other day (already had a couple of customers purchase them!). I'm attaching the instructions for you that I received from my distributor, they are easy to follow and much better than what is in the Manual.

You are amazing! Thank you so much! Not sure how it will work on the wash select II's I haven't seen the Portal TI in person but I think it has a Screen menu for selecting what they want to purchase. I just have the 4 buttons I only use 3 of them so maybe one can be used to purchase a bundle?

slash007

Reaction score
You are amazing! Thank you so much! Not sure how it will work on the wash select II's I haven't seen the Portal TI in person but I think it has a Screen menu for selecting what they want to purchase. I just have the 4 buttons I only use 3 of them so maybe one can be used to purchase a bundle?
Not sure it will work without a touch screen. Anyone here get it to work that way? I don't see how it's logistically possible honestly as you would have to describe it somewhere else and it would be easy to purchase on accident.

Touchless

Reaction score
I forgot that wash selects only have buttons. If bundles are an option then I would guess using a button is the solution. Yes Portal TI is a screen, I’m adding a pic of what my main screen looks like now. I’m going to add another option to buy gift cards although it will actually be printed on a receipt with a code so I’m trying to think of a better title so they don’t think they will get an actual card. Anyway, sounds like we both have the same software on our different models. If you need help with setting it up, send me a message.

Attachments

Monte

Reaction score
We have Portal TI+ pos's at our washes with Sierra server software. Simple answer is to make your appointment, tech takes over control of your computer, sets up the bundles however you would like. They stay on the line till everything is up and running. It all makes perfect sense....till next year, when you need to do it again on a different pos.... and then will have forgotten. DRB tech was easy to work with.
See you at the Show...it will be my first show.

Attachments

Touchless

Reaction score
We have Portal TI+ pos's at our washes with Sierra server software. Simple answer is to make your appointment, tech takes over control of your computer, sets up the bundles however you would like. They stay on the line till everything is up and running. It all makes perfect sense....till next year, when you need to do it again on a different pos.... and then will have forgotten. DRB tech was easy to work with.
See you at the Show...it will be my first show.
I agree, having a tech do it remotely is the easiest. The Portal TI+ has been great for us, we replaced a Portal TI that was in use for 12 years, they hold up well. There is so much functionality with the Sierra Server Software I wish there was a forum on it to learn more/get ideas.