What's new

shutting down

Renato

Reaction score
Hi guys how are you, long time for me not been inside the forum,
Unfortunately Im closing one of my car washes here in Mexico, the economy is really really in a bad shape, and for the past 6 months, instead to earn some money I ve been lossing money, Therefore Im saying good bye to one of my car washes. Keeping the equipment such as vaccum, high pressure pumps and already sold some other equipment.
How you guys are doing right now in the uSA
saludos
Renato

wardaddy

Reaction score
Hi guys how are you, long time for me not been inside the forum,
Unfortunately Im closing one of my car washes here in Mexico, the economy is really really in a bad shape, and for the past 6 months, instead to earn some money I ve been lossing money, Therefore Im saying good bye to one of my car washes. Keeping the equipment such as vaccum, high pressure pumps and already sold some other equipment.
How you guys are doing right now in the uSA
saludos
Renato
If I could shut down and walk away I sure would if I could get back what I have invested. We are getting clobbered here but it's not the economy. It's the weather. We have lost 70% of our former normal wash days since October of 2007 and of the past 5 months , 3 have been wetter than ever on record. Right now we are having yet another 2 weeks straight of rain in what should be a dry month...September. Outside the middle Tennessee valley i don't think anyone else has it this bad weather wise.

Were we farmers we have along ago been subsidized out of this.

It extremely depressing. We keep hoping to go back to 15% rain and mostly cloud days like normal but instead we are running 72% rain or mostly cloudy in 2009 and only slightly less than that in 2008.

No one here has ever seen anything like it. Only those with no debt or deep pockets will survive.

Good luck amigo

Red Baron

Reaction score
If I could shut down and walk away I sure would if I could get back what I have invested. We are getting clobbered here but it's not the economy. It's the weather. We have lost 70% of our former normal wash days since October of 2007 and of the past 5 months , 3 have been wetter than ever on record. Right now we are having yet another 2 weeks straight of rain in what should be a dry month...September. Outside the middle Tennessee valley i don't think anyone else has it this bad weather wise.

Were we farmers we have along ago been subsidized out of this.

It extremely depressing. We keep hoping to go back to 15% rain and mostly cloud days like normal but instead we are running 72% rain or mostly cloudy in 2009 and only slightly less than that in 2008.

No one here has ever seen anything like it. Only those with no debt or deep pockets will survive.

Good luck amigo
War, it's not much consolation but if you can hang on I'd bet you're going to have less competition when things turn around.

That's how we always look at it in the roofing business. When you have good hail season the roofers are floating in cash, but invariably they don't put any back for a rainy day. So then when you get several years in a row of few hailstorms, about half of your competition goes away...until the next hail.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Renato,

Sorry to hear about that. It's an empty feeling when you come to the conclusion that you need to "throw in the towel" :(

What part of Mexico are you in?

Big

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Renato, good luck in your future ventures. The economy here in the southeast US is having an impact on many operators also. If you do not have cash reserves or good credit it is tough to continue. If the weather doesn't break I will dip into savings again this year.

Wardaddy, I thought about you the other day. We're south of you and now getting absolutely hammered by the rain. We've been in a wet pattern since July, but the system has parked right over us for several weeks. I can't recall anything like it in recent memory.

Etowah