What's new

Should I Repair These Change Machines

Reaction score
I picked up these change machines from a car wash that was closing down.

Rowe BC1400
Hamiltion DRS-CRC

IMG_4914_2.jpg

The Rowe has a Mars bill validator in it but I cant get it to clear the 2 blinking red light error also on the board it reads an error "Check L Coin Detector"

IMG_4916.jpg

The Hamilton seems to be missing something on the validator. I got it to accept a $1 bill one time and it dispensed over $2 in quarters. It has not wanted to accept a bill since then.

IMG_4915.jpg

Randy

Reaction score
I’d try to pawn off the Rowe BC-1400 on to someone else, parts for them are almost totally gone or you could part it out and sell off the guts of the changer. The Hamilton DRS-CRC is worth rehabbing. Put a new face panel on it, a Mars validator conversion kit, and install a Nayax or a ePort credit card reader in place of the Hamilton reader and you’ll have a good reliable changer.

PEI

Reaction score
I would just replace the hopper switches on the quarter hopper and token hopper on the Hamilton. The switch is $40-$50 each. Then you can reset the controllers and most likely get the Hamilton working.

After you get going and have some capital, I would look at making improvements to the Hamilton like changing the validator or adding a stacker. I would also take the faceplates to a local sign shop and have them make new ones with my logo and color scheme.

The Rowe I would sell or scrap.

Etowah

Keno

Reaction score
There is a retrofit kit to update the rowe, they are getting popular due to the update kit according to a post I saw on Facebook group

jack954

Reaction score
i would be interested in the rowe for parts depending on where you’re located

Reaction score
I actually have the Rowe working now. It just needed new LED lights on the coin detectors. Actually just one was out but I replaced them both. If you want to buy it in working condition send me a message.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I'm located in Cleveland and have a lot of Rowe parts available for sale. Let me know what you're looking for.

Reaction score
I was able to sell the Rowe machine for a good profit and have it in good working condition with some TLC.

Now I am starting to go over the Hamilton. I found where the manual hopper switch was disabled with a push in connector and plugged those in. One of the hoppers seemed to be jambed but on further inspection it was the brake was not disengaging. Theres a brass colored piece that pivots and is magnetized. The little arm that links to the nylon brake was broke off.

@Randy is this the right part I need for that brake assembly?

Two parts came up when I searched for it but the one indicates its for machines after 2007. My machine was built in 2004. The only reason I am hesitant to buy this one is there is not an actual picture of the part for me to verify its correct.

Randy

Reaction score
I was able to sell the Rowe machine for a good profit and have it in good working condition with some TLC.

Now I am starting to go over the Hamilton. I found where the manual hopper switch was disabled with a push in connector and plugged those in. One of the hoppers seemed to be jambed but on further inspection it was the brake was not disengaging. Theres a brass colored piece that pivots and is magnetized. The little arm that links to the nylon brake was broke off.

@Randy is this the right part I need for that brake assembly?

Two parts came up when I searched for it but the one indicates its for machines after 2007. My machine was built in 2004. The only reason I am hesitant to buy this one is there is not an actual picture of the part for me to verify its correct.
There 2 different brake assemblies. Send me a picture. I probably have what your looking for. I's put a aftermarket card reader in place of the Hamilton card reader and replace the XE validator with a Mars.

MEP001

Reaction score
If that's the correct brake assembly, I'd spend the difference and replace the whole motor. I always keep the brake parts in case an older motor needs one. The gearbox is what usually goes first.

Randy

Reaction score
When the brake arm actuator breaks I listen to the motor, if it still sound smooth and doesn't make a lot of noise I replace the brake arm actuator , if it makes a lot of gear noise I replace the motor.

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the broken piece.

IMG_6769.jpg

@Randy I would like to buy all the parts you listed above. Please send me a message.